• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say we roll with Darnold

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oddly enough, he looked the worst last year when he actually had time. He's at his best when his first read is open or immediate pressure forces him to immediately hit his check down option. When he has time to actually survey the field he usually makes a bad decision. When he has time then gets pressured late when holding the ball too long... oh lord. That's when classic Darnold disasters happen.

He's just not a QB. No OL is going to magically turn him into a QB. Y'all just gotta accept that.

Counterpoint: He had time on several occasions because the defense was sitting on routes they knew were coming and laying off the rush.

Brady’s offense was figured out in week 4 and beyond.

Edited by falconlynx
  • Pie 8

1 minute ago, falconlynx said:

Counterpoint: He had time on several occasions because the defense was sitting on routes they knew were coming and laying off the rush.

I don’t think that point gets made enough around here. 

Sam’s anticipation on timing routes wasn’t good, but it probably didn’t matter after we beat Houston. Everyone knew our route tree as well as we did. 

• Pie 6

Just now, John_Sutter said:

I don’t think that point gets made enough around here. 

Sam’s anticipation on timing routes wasn’t good, but it probably didn’t matter after we beat Houston. Everyone knew our route tree as well as we did. 

The receivers group’s frustration was making it obvious. Robby couldn’t contain himself. 

Our offensive game plans were god awful beyond the Cowboys game outside of the Cardinals and WFT games before the offense with Cam was also figured out. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Brady's offense was figured out because Darnold is extremely mentally limited. It never got figured out with Teddy. Teddy just couldn't put it in the endzone.

I don't think Brady was perfect my any means, but I'd bet on him having a better future in football than anyone currently on this staff.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brady's offense was figured out because Darnold is extremely mentally limited. It never got figured out with Teddy. Teddy just couldn't put it in the endzone.

I don't think Brady was perfect my any means, but I'd bet on him having a better future in football than anyone currently on this staff.

This doesn’t get said enough.  Teddy had a career year.  So did every WR.  Nothing was figured out.  Teddy just wouldn’t make all the needed throws because he is too conservative.   

we built a Sam Darnold O.  Sam sucks.  He can’t do very basic stuff. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Go BPA in the draft, and roll with Sam in 2022. If Sam rocks with knowing our system better, then it's a win. If Sam poops the bed again, then we have a high 2023 draft pick and we take a top QB and that's a win. Go with the win-win scenario.

Now put yourself in Rhule's (and possibly Fitterer's) situation. Still feel that way?

That's why Rhule (and possibly Fitterer) should've been fired. 

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now put yourself in Rhule's (and possibly Fitterer's) situation. Still feel that way?

That's why Rhule (and possibly Fitterer) should've been fired. 

Rhule said something like he expected Sam to take a big step forward this season. Without knowing Rhules true thoughts on Sam I can't really put myself in his shoes. There is always the possibility that he panics and we collect another poop QB.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Rhule said something like he expected Sam to take a big step forward this season. Without knowing Rhules true thoughts on Sam I can't really put myself in his shoes. There is always the possibility that he panics and we collect another poop QB.

One could legitimately argue that getting out of Carolina would be a big step forward for an NFL player.

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You don't have to worry about Sam having a good year any more than you should worry about lizard people emerging from the shadows and conquering mankind.

Sir the Lizard People have already conquered mankind.  They just prefer to do it discreetly, from the shadows.

• Flames 2