• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week Of: Draft Buzz, Rumors, & News (w/updates)

davos

3 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Garrett Wilson has all the traits to be a star right out the gate. No guarantees  about surpassing Waddle or Smith but both of those guys have question marks too. 

Garrett Wilson and Jameson Williams are on that Waddle/Chase tier.  Chase was insane but people forget how good of a year Waddle had with Tua and Brissett in and out.  I'd peg both clearly ahead of Smith.  

Elsewhere:

Regarding the Jermaine Johnson Jr. front (he's been my choice for the Jets at 4), could be happening.

JJ Jr. (and Ickem) appear to be the names with the most smoke for them for NYJ.  If that happens, whoever is left of Sauce, Thibodeaux, Walker, Stingley could be hard for NYG to pass up.  Have no idea

13 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Yeah Waddle is a baller too but I like the way Wilson attacks the ball. He plays way bigger than his frame would seem. All good players tho and I told one guy that the Jets never do anything  conventional  lol. Not saying J J will be bad but that seems steep at 4. The Pickett thing is really eating at me tho.  If we doing this, just to save Rhule job bc he the most ready,  then we in for a poo show. Pickett game tap just doesn't pop for me and looks like a carbon copy of Darnold college highlights.  If we trade back, I'd rather go the Baker route.  Not my favorite  Qb but that draft capital  in round 1 could help the next coach better if Rhule gets axed. 

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

I don't want Pickett but man it would really suck to be a QB drafted by us knowing you have to pretty much win 8+ games off the bat with an unliked coach to save the team from resetting and keep the crappy coach. And if not, then being an underperforming sophomore for a rookie coach that he didn't handpick.

At this point, there’s reportedly at least 3-4 guys each teams are floating/been tied to at each pick in the top-5 haha 

JAX 1-Aiden, Neal, Walker, Ekwonu

DET 2-Aiden, Walker, Sauce, Willis

HOU 3-Sauce, Stingley, Neal, Wilson

NYJ 4-JJII, Thib, Ekwonu

NYG 5-Cross, Sauce, Stingley, Ekwonu, Thib

This is shaping up to be such a tossup 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, davos said:

I don't want Pickett but man it would really suck to be a QB drafted by us knowing you have to pretty much win 8+ games off the bat with an unliked coach to save the team from resetting and keep the crappy coach. And if not, then being an underperforming sophomore for a rookie coach that he didn't handpick.

Bingo. Most likely, a new coach is here next year hoping to flip Pickett for a 3rd while he targets another QB. It is what it is. This is what we signed up for when we kept Rhule.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2