• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Later Round QBs. Is there anyone worth a look in the Draft?

Michael G

Lets think like John Lennon and Imagine we get a LT at 6 and do not trade back. Also Imagine we do not trade back up into the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Considering this we are staying put at pick #137.

Are there any QBs worth picking to develop. I have ran through several Mock drafts that have Carson Strong available here, but I'm not sure he falls that far. Zappe, Glass and Cole Kelley seem to be available there in most Mocks. Are any of these kids worth a look at 137 or after if we go LT at #6? Does anyone know if we have had any of them in to visit or if we have scouted any of them more than usual?

Edited by Michael G

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Heck, most of the top 5 QBs are second rounders at best--but I like the kid from Brown University--at best a career backup.

EJ Perry. I have not saw much on him. His stats are encouraging. I'd assume he'd be someone that may wind up as a UDFA.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If Strong is there in the 4th and we don't take him there should be a riot on Mint St.

I agree 100%. 

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Strong won't get to the third round. Unfortunately word is spreading. My bad.

Idunno...imo he would have been a first rounder but his health concerns. Every name is an investment during the draft and having 2 surgeries on the same knee does not do him any favors. Especially if he's basically a statue in the pocket. 

His deep ball and ball placement are A+!!!!!! He has all the intangibles. And he seems to have the mental side down as far as processing the field goes. The knee and his lack of mobility is what I think will hold him until the 3rd-4th round...stranger things have happened but he is an intriguing option.

It's the draft so noone really knows. All it takes is one team's medical staff giving them the OK. 

I will say he's my favorite QB from this particular class. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would take any of these QB's with our non-1st round draft picks. At some point you have to upgrade over PJ Walker.

PJ has the best gig in football. As long as Rhule is coaching PJ will never lose his job.  He's indispensable. That's job security children. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I fear he may not survive.

I think he will just get to eat some crow for his man crush for a while. That's the problem with being TOO much of a college FB fan, you tend to look past the faults.

If Liberty had fans, I am sure they would be just as ridiculous about Willis.

• Pie 1