• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Later Round QBs. Is there anyone worth a look in the Draft?

Michael G

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he will just get to eat some crow for his man crush for a while. That's the problem with being TOO much of a college FB fan, you tend to look past the faults.

If Liberty had fans, I am sure they would be just as ridiculous about Willis.

Hell Liberty has enough new fanboys on here that has their boy going 2nd overall to cover them.

• Flames 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Hell Liberty has enough new fanboys on here that has their boy going 2nd overall to cover them.

Love his skill set but I saw him completely come unraveled against good competition way too often in college. Literally almost every P5 team he played it happened.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he will just get to eat some crow for his man crush for a while. That's the problem with being TOO much of a college FB fan, you tend to look past the faults.

If Liberty had fans, I am sure they would be just as ridiculous about Willis.

We'll see. If Howell doesn't pan out and Tepper keeps running this bitch into the ground I could honestly see my NFL fandom flaming out. Tepper is really ruining this poo for me.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Idunno...imo he would have been a first rounder but his health concerns. Every name is an investment during the draft and having 2 surgeries on the same knee does not do him any favors. Especially if he's basically a statue in the pocket. 

His deep ball and ball placement are A+!!!!!! He has all the intangibles. And he seems to have the mental side down as far as processing the field goes. The knee and his lack of mobility is what I think will hold him until the 3rd-4th round...stranger things have happened but he is an intriguing option.

It's the draft so noone really knows. All it takes is one team's medical staff giving them the OK. 

I will say he's my favorite QB from this particular class. 

Totally agree, you know that, but the most encouraging thing is he played on the knee all season with no setback and he ran for the combine. 

I'd say chances are the surgery took and the knee may be stronger than before.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Love his skill set but I saw him completely come unraveled against good competition way too often in college. Literally almost every P5 team he played it happened.

He is talented I agree.  But the nfl will eat him alive. He will look like Johnny Football out there.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think there's a reason why he bailed on Auburn. The talent is intriguing but that's all there is.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he hadn't left the SEC we would actually know if he's elite against elite players. That's why I can't have much of an opinion on Willis until I see him in the NFL against NFL talent, who are all freaks of nature mostly.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. If Howell doesn't pan out and Tepper keeps running this bitch into the ground I could honestly see my NFL fandom flaming out. Tepper is really ruining this poo for me.

Ah, the NFL is still great even without the Panthers. 

In some ways it is a lot easier to watch the NFL without the Panthers. Go to your local sports bar and watch all the games at once while taking in a few brews. It's still fun.

38 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Idunno...imo he would have been a first rounder but his health concerns. Every name is an investment during the draft and having 2 surgeries on the same knee does not do him any favors. Especially if he's basically a statue in the pocket. 

His deep ball and ball placement are A+!!!!!! He has all the intangibles. And he seems to have the mental side down as far as processing the field goes. The knee and his lack of mobility is what I think will hold him until the 3rd-4th round...stranger things have happened but he is an intriguing option.

It's the draft so noone really knows. All it takes is one team's medical staff giving them the OK. 

I will say he's my favorite QB from this particular class. 

Stong is perfect if we can get him a full year to rehab that knee and learn the playbook.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Strong won't get to the third round. Unfortunately word is spreading. My bad.

He didn't look very good at the Senior Bowl with actual pocket pressure. Obviously theres not real game plan or anything but it was like a 180 from his highlight reels

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He didn't look very good at the Senior Bowl with actual pocket pressure. Obviously theres not real game plan or anything but it was like a 180 from his highlight reels

Yeah not many guys are comfortable, somebody else's WR, coach, plays, etc.

His in game tape with his team is much more realistic and representative of his true talents which are impressive.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ah, the NFL is still great even without the Panthers. 

In some ways it is a lot easier to watch the NFL without the Panthers. Go to your local sports bar and watch all the games at once while taking in a few brews. It's still fun.

The playoffs were great this year but Tepper running the Panthers into the ground while trying to position himself to fleece the city of Charlotte out of a publicly funded stadium has just lifted the veil off the charade for me. I think the NFL may have seen it's last dime from me. I'll illegally stream the games I do watch.

• Beer 1