• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says 5 year minimum for Rhule.

Zod

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Tepper upsets me with his quote saying that he thinks Sam Darnold was a good quarterback and believed in him. You didn't hear him say that about Cam when he first bought the Panthers. Tepper is just trying to force us to believe in his mistakes. I don't even know if he truly believes in Rhule or if he just covering up his mistakes at this point. 

At the end of the day, put a poor product on the field, fans will lose interest and affect the bottom line, maybe then Tepper will listen. Only thing billionaire's hate to lose more than football games, is to lose money. 

What was he supposed to say about Darnold??

If he makes the same mistake with Teddy.. Where he trashed the player without having his replacement in the building and is stuck having to pay that player to be on another team.. How is that smart??

And let's be clear he was the only reason Cam came back last year.. 

Edited by WOW!!

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I have learned to avoid the whole mondays after a loss, toxic to the gills. Its calmed down by Wednesday..... This past year, many thought we were superbowl bound week 4. then............

Its been NO breaks for the last 6 months. 

The smugness after a win is just as bad. Some act like one win means playoffs.

A lot of people here bought into the hype and thought the team was a lot better than it ended up being. Watching this place go from being Rhule believers to Rhule haters has been funny.

I don't hate the guy, and I've said since early last season that he's in over his head. There is no reason to hate someone I've never met for being bad at his job. I just don't think he's an NFL coach.

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

billionaire's hate is to lose money. 

That's a more accurate statement. I honestly don't think Tepper cares about winning or losing. He's a guy that said he believes the NFL is a 500 league. If you believe the league is 50/50, then you're ok with losing.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

My default is now, "Prove it." We hear plenty of talk about "Culture" and "Brand" and all this other fuging buzzword BS. 

I want to see fuging wins and accomplishments, not listen to a bunch of fuging used car salesman try and convince a bunch of Southern rubes they have a plan. Tired of this BS. Beyond tired of it.

Figure it the fug out. Get a coach who isn't a fuging shyster and find a GM that doesn't view 11 5th rounders as more valuable than a first rounder.

That will be answered this upcoming season. Save me a seat on the bitachin bus, cause if Matt Rhule is the HC and they have 10 Ls...... Im grabbing my toxic pitchfork and demand hes FIRED! fug that 5 or 6??!?!6 years talk form teppers lips. 

Hope you are completely shocked.

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The smugness after a win is just as bad. Some act like one win means playoffs.

A lot of people here bought into the hype and thought the team was a lot better than it ended up being. Watching this place go from being Rhule believers to Rhule haters has been funny.

I don't hate the guy, and I've said since early last season that he's in over his head. There is no reason to hate someone I've never met for being bad at his job. I just don't think he's an NFL coach.

Youre right, Im netural on Rhule too. Allllllll the rope Im giving him is 10 Ls for the coming season. Its time to turn this team around.....

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

What was he supposed to say about Darnold??

If he makes the same mistake with Teddy.. Where he trashed the player without having his replacement in the building and is stuck having to pay that player to be on another team.. How is that smart??

And let's be clear he was the only reason Cam came back last year.. 

Explicitly saying that Darnold is a good QB is different from his previous statements that they need to upgrade the QB position when Cam or Teddy was still present. I'm just curious why he shows Darnold so much support when he was quick to bash the other QB's that's all. If Tepper was the only reason why Cam came back last year then it proves that he meddles too much and Rhule and Fitterer had to say yes to it. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Explicitly saying that Darnold is a good QB is different from his previous statements that they need to upgrade the QB position when Cam or Teddy was still present. I'm just curious why he shows Darnold so much support when he was quick to bash the other QB's that's all. If Tepper was the only reason why Cam came back last year then it proves that he meddles too much and Rhule and Fitterer had to say yes to it. 

Exactly!! He learned.. Trashing QBS that you are financially committed to isn't smart.. Especially when you don't have a viable replacement on the roster already. 

Maybe he realized that it isn't a smart move to trash a player while you still have to pay them and look at them in your locker room..

Thank God he didn't do that stupid poo again..

And it isn't a race thing cause if he could have gotten Watson he was willing to take all the smoke and waited 2 years to get a "No" over and over again..

Edited by WOW!!

15 minutes ago, Basbear said:

That will be answered this upcoming season. Save me a seat on the bitachin bus, cause if Matt Rhule is the HC and they have 10 Ls...... Im grabbing my toxic pitchfork and demand hes FIRED! fug that 5 or 6??!?!6 years talk form teppers lips. 

Hope you are completely shocked.

You will be at the point that the majority of the fanbase is now. Just understand that.

We just got there before you are about to.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You will be at the point that the majority of the fanbase is now. Just understand that.

We just got there before you are about to.

If this team wins next season LOTS of people are going to look very silly.  I like the hires around Rhule and I am not personally one that feels he can’t win.  If this team does win he deserves credit but won’t get it

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If this team wins next season LOTS of people are going to look very silly.  I like the hires around Rhule and I am not personally one that feels he can’t win.  If this team does win he deserves credit but won’t get it

Most will not be upset about winning, despite what you think. 

I think most are also smart enough to see through what he is. It really didn't take long to see it. But, I am sure "head in the sand" is nice.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I'm not a Rhule fan but I do have hope that his biggest mistake was his ego.. Not having a more experienced staff around him hiring a bunch of his friends and being the end all to be all on some roster decisions.. Hopefully has humbled him and he is willing to give some responsibility to Fitt and the staff he has assembled..

• Pie 1