• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?

kungfoodude

How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11+

I would've preferred to trade down but I'm not upset at the pick. I don't know that Ekwonu will be the best OL out of this draft but I think he was the safest. Worst case scenario, I think he's a damn good guard. No, that's not what you want at #6 but it sure beats a bust of an OT who can't kick inside.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would've preferred to trade down but I'm not upset at the pick. I don't know that Ekwonu will be the best OL out of this draft but I think he was the safest. Worst case scenario, I think he's a damn good guard. No, that's not what you want at #6 but it sure beats a bust of an OT who can't kick inside.

I hope he is the LT of the future for us but I agree that his floor SHOULD still be an elite OG. It's nice to have that.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There were people who were upset?

not many but I thought I saw some people upset "we took a guard" that high. I completely disagree but there were non-Panthers analysts out there pre-draft who thought Ekwonu fit better as a guard. That's the only real concern I could possibly imagine regarding this pick.

Or those who desperately wanted one of these (bad) QBs...

• Beer 1

Not upset at all.

Was interesting to see how the draft shook out after all the speculation about multiple QBs going *before* we picked, haha.

QB is still our biggest need but its not like I trust this shitshow of a coach to be capable of developing one, so I'm glad we got an OT that could in theory anchor the left side for a decade to come.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Not upset at all.

Was interesting to see how the draft shook out after all the speculation about multiple QBs going *before* we picked, haha.

QB is still our biggest need but its not like I trust this shitshow of a coach to be capable of developing one, so I'm glad we got an OT that could in theory anchor the left side for a decade to come.

You don't want one of these QB's as anything but a #2 anyway.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

You don't want one of these QB's as anything but a #2 anyway.

I don't know, I still think Pickett is probably much better than a #2, I just don't think he's someone that really carries a team. I don't see him as ever in the conversation for one of the top 5 guys in the league - and that is the kind of player I wanted as our QB. One thing I'll say... he did hit probably one of the best possible places to fall, all things considered. 

Willis, I really liked his potential, but... well, surprise, I'm not an NFL talent evaluator for a reason, lol.