• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On paper this team is ready to compete

NAS

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I think Corral will have a chance to beat out Sam in training camp, but they won’t force the issue.  

That’s not going to happen in training camp. Sam isn’t good under pressure but they can’t even lay a hand on him in camp and won’t play enough in preseason to get the yips. Corral will get his chance week 8-10 if Sam is floundering. Sam would have to still be completely shell shocked from last year to lose the job in TC. 

Really looking forward to seeing our offense this year. Injuries really have derailed us the past 2 years along with suspect coaching. It seems clear we will be much better coached on offense and special teams.  And that does make a huge difference.  I am hoping the injury gods are favorable to us this year. If so we should be a hard out this year. It has been so long since we had a good line and competent OC I think most on here have forgotten the difference it has made.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Did you actually think any of these qb's were actually going to beat Sam out for starter right away? 

As bad as Sam is these kids are nowhere near ready to supplant him, none.

Maybe Pickett but no I didn’t the best thing about this pick is that it will be Sams first real competition he’s had in a training camp without a silver spoon 

• Beer 2

I think we're set up quite nicely for a 2023 mini-refresh if things go off the tracks in a hurry.  Matt is a 3rd+4th round investment & it doesn't preclude us from going QB with a new coach in 2023.

Meanwhile, we can get overly optimistic we got ourselves a Dak type situation with Corral.  And maybe Rhule can turn a corner with NFL guys around him. 

And we have no more hamstringed longterm contracts holding us back after this year.  Just a handful of foundational guys here for sure come 23'

Moore, Icky, Moton, Corbett, Horn, Chinn, Burns, Donte, Brown, X Woods, YGM, & Luvu

Finger crossed for guys like K Taylor, Brady C, Marshall, Tremble, Nixon, Hoskins

The rest are either vets that could go elsewhere (CMC, Hendo, Shaq, Robbie, Littleton, etc.) or just bottom roster types

Edited by davos