• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analyzing the New OL

MHS831

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

He moved Moton to LT one game last year, first that BC had to start I think, and he got 2 false start penalties and didn't look like his normal self. Back to RT the next week, lesson already learned on that one. 

Exactly, put BC at LT if not the rookie. Moving Moton is asinine. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, 33inNC said:

Exactly, put BC at LT if not the rookie. Moving Moton is asinine. 

Ickey at LG and BC at LT is probably better than the opposite. Ideally Cade or Deonte win the guard job, Ickey starts at LT and BC is a solid backup swing tackle

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I can see both sides on this one and I wouldn’t mind it but let's be honest look at some of the horse crap Rhules played at LT instead of moving Moton.... he won't do it.

I could get it if we didn't draft the best run blocking LT this year. But we did and it makes no sense to take lumps at LT. Let's just hope it was more Brady with the poor personal choices on offense and Moton not playing LT being one of them. 

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The only thing wrong with your perspective,  is you don't make Sam, nor  rookie QB the focal point of a pass happy offense. That's how you continue to lose games, period.  The passing game can evolve. 

It’s not my perspective that’s wrong.  The team’s decision making at the QB position has been wrong. That’s how you continue losing games.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Play guys at their best positions.  Moton is best at RT, Ickey is best at LT and quite honestly better than Christensen.

Moton is a better LT at this point. You don't face pass rushers in NC State like you will in the NFL. Facing the slower man especially in run blocking is a smarter move. Unless you just want Rhule and this team to do poorly. Then that would work out quite well. 

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Moton is a better LT at this point. You don't face pass rushers in NC State like you will in the NFL. Facing the slower man especially in run blocking is a smarter move. Unless you just want Rhule and this team to do poorly. Then that would work out quite well. 

No he isn't.  If he were he would have stayed there last year.  I have no idea why people are soo intent on playing guys out of position and putting them in more difficult positions.  We drafted Ekwonu for a reason, play him there.

• Pie 5

11 hours ago, Snake said:

Me thinks you are maybe overvaluing the LT vs. the RT.  In todays NFL the "best" tackle isn't forced into the left side, used to be yes, when defenses typically put their very best pass rusher on the blindside.  That is over now.  Both sides have to be able to pass block and run block.

Moton is one of the best RT's in the league, we don't need a RT, we need a LT....and that needs to be Icky this year taking his lumps when we can't really expect to push for a playoff spot yet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

No he isn't.  If he were he would have stayed there last year.  I have no idea why people are soo intent on playing guys out of position and putting them in more difficult positions.  We drafted Ekwonu for a reason, play him there.

Because you don't understand how a offensive line works. It's not as plug and play as you see it. LT is the most difficult position to play in the NFL and starting a guy there who has faced ACC talent isn't a great idea if you want to win games. Especially when you have a elite RT that can play LT. Not only that but you need to protect the blindside of a QB especially when that QB is a rookie or sees ghosts. This is why Jordan Gross started out at RT his first year and it wasn't a "more difficult position" for him. It allowed him to progress and build NFL skills. 

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Me thinks you are maybe overvaluing the LT vs. the RT.  In todays NFL the "best" tackle isn't forced into the left side, used to be yes, when defenses typically put their very best pass rusher on the blindside.  That is over now.  Both sides have to be able to pass block and run block.

Moton is one of the best RT's in the league, we don't need a RT, we need a LT....and that needs to be Icky this year taking his lumps when we can't really expect to push for a playoff spot yet.

Me thinks you may be overvaluing a Rookie coming from the ACC. Some DEs do change positions but majority rush the LT. When you have a QB that sees ghosts and another that's a Rookie you need experience at LT. That way they don't get creamed on their blindside. I'm not sure if people have paid attention but that's exactly what happened last year. Not only that but as good of a play as Ikem Ekwonu is his struggles come in pass pro. Letting him be nasty on the right side year one would be a smart move while he learns the moves of a NFL DE. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Me thinks you may be overvaluing a Rookie coming from the ACC. Some DEs do change positions but majority rush the LT. When you have a QB that sees ghosts and another that's a Rookie you need experience at LT. That way they don't get creamed on their blindside. I'm not sure if people have paid attention but that's exactly what happened last year. Not only that but as good of a play as Ikem Ekwonu is his struggles come in pass pro. Letting him be nasty on the right side year one would be a smart move while he learns the moves of a NFL DE. 

You and I will not see eye to eye on this.  We need a left tackle, we drafted him to be that, RT's and LT's are no longer weighted like you are speaking of.  He will be fine, and we aren't going to be good either way.

• Pie 1