• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

we should just play the rest of the series on the PK. we seem to play better that way.

I hadn't pointed it out yet because of the love Raanta has been getting but I think our Skaters have more faith in Anderson than they do Raanta (they seem to have to cover for a lot more for him) and it's adversely affected our offense and PP as well. 

• Pie 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:41 PM, PleaseCutStewart said:

When will the NHL ban kadri for being a dirty prick...

Between Kadri taking Binnington out and Lucic going after Smith- that's what they both had to do to try and win. The Blues could have stretched Colorado to 7 and made this a series with Binnington in net. Now they have no shot.

Edmonton will probably rally around the Smith hit and just take it to the Flames. Of course, there's just 1 guy doing it all for the Oilers. That's the guy they should have targeted, not the goalie.

• Pie 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:14 AM, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I hadn't pointed it out yet because of the love Raanta has been getting but I think our Skaters have more faith in Anderson than they do Raanta (they seem to have to cover for a lot more for him) and it's adversely affected our offense and PP as well. 

It most definitely has. Raanta has been playing well but you can't teach genetics and Anderson is just a massive force at the net like Igor. 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Between Kadri taking Binnington out and Lucic going after Smith- that's what they both had to do to try and win. The Blues could have stretched Colorado to 7 and made this a series with Binnington in net. Now they have no shot.

Edmonton will probably rally around the Smith hit and just take it to the Flames. Of course, there's just 1 guy doing it all for the Oilers. That's the guy they should have targeted, not the goalie.

Rule #1 should be "You take my goalie out, I take yours".