• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I thought he had the first year in year 2, if you understand...... I went to the ABC store given I thought it was going to a looooonnnngg season in 2020, found out you need to sign paperwork if you buy over 4 half gallons........yea thats what I thought. Also found out they have a cart....

I was shocked the panthers were in all but 2.5 games, 8 loses of one scores or less. I didnt want Rhule and thought he did great cause I had them as 2-14 3-13 at best. Remember the NFL got another Brady that year and Bressus was still try harding.

This past year, after 3-0 start.....really felt like the panthers end as the worst team (no matter the records). Rough and I did not enjoy it, unlike the year before.

10 wins.....I doubt that. Right now I got them at 8-9. Need that 2021 draft to grow up fast, Derrick Brown needs to command a double-team, Mccadoo to work his QB magic on all the QBs, CMC full healthy the whole season, and soooo much luck.....

That's a lot of "if's" to overcome.  I personally cannot see them being any worse than last season. It's almost impossible with an experienced nfl staff now in key places.  Putting Joe Brady in charge of an nfl offense was beyond idiotic. I'm still having trouble comprehending that decision. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's a lot of "if's" to overcome.  I personally cannot see them being any worse than last season. It's almost impossible with an experienced nfl staff now in key places.  Putting Joe Brady in charge of an nfl offense was beyond idiotic. I'm still having trouble comprehending that decision. 

image.gif.70a4f3fae8d4180dec0e0696cf8527d8.gif

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Teddy had the 18th biggest cap hit among QBs. 

I realize the dead money was bad.  But that doesn’t mean Rhule wasn’t out there making his own mess.

We were promised a rebuild.  Rhule could of gone that path.  He opted not too.  Or he just doesn’t know what he is doing.  I don’t care about winning if we are rebuilding.   He just seems to be wasting our time at this point though.    5 win seasons aren’t all created equal.  Depends what has gone into it. 

I mean his first major decision here was to have CMC be the highest paid RB in the NFL.  That’s not how you rebuild.  Nor is his mismanagement of the QB spot.  Rentals like Reddick.  Gilmore. Rhule isn’t rebuilding squat.  His actions have always countered whatever Tepper was selling us IMO.   Losing is fine if their is vision.  Rhule ain’t got it.

I disagreed with the CMC signing as well, I was alone in that. Feel free to look that up too. Rhule has made plenty of mistakes, no question. Still the team is better than when he got here(should be), faster across the positions, and much younger. Darnold CAN improve or Carrol CAN be a legit NFL QB. Thats the last huge hole on the roster. This coming year is big, I disagree with the 5 year talk as well, he needs to show me something this year.....It was wrong to this fake winning at all cost while you rebuild.

That has nothing to do with my point that no one can counter- Hardest start for a new HC in NFL history, no one is close.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

About 19 Ifs to overcome, you are right thats a lot.... 

Brady just had no NFL solutions to the weekly problems. CMC covered for him like Cam did for RR. Having the same agent may have played a role, but after everyone saw the LSU talent......my dog could have had the same results as Brady.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

About 19 Ifs to overcome, you are right thats a lot.... 

Brady just had no NFL solutions to the weekly problems. CMC covered for him like Cam did for RR. Having the same agent may have played a role, but after everyone saw the LSU talent......my dog could have had the same results as Brady.

Brady didn't have any experience that qualified in for consideration. He got hired just like Rhule did, on hype only. He road in on breif connections to Sean Payton and Joe Burrow through the media mouth breathers. He had zero offensive coordinator experience at any level. 

It was a terrible decision to put him in charge of an nfl offense and Rhule found out the hard way. I'm sure Tepper made that perfectly clear in one of his hard question sessions. Probably the day before Rhule corrected that mistake. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Brady didn't have any experience that qualified in for consideration. He got hired just like Rhule did, on hype only. He road in on breif connections to Sean Payton and Joe Burrow through the media mouth breathers. He had zero offensive coordinator experience at any level. 

It was a terrible decision to put him in charge of an nfl offense and Rhule found out the hard way. I'm sure Tepper made that perfectly clear in one of his hard question sessions. Probably the day before Rhule corrected that mistake. 

One day someone needs to bump a couple of theose Brady threads, they were full of hype.......and Im in there with huge questions getting called for it.......sorta like the Rhule ones as welll......now Im in here defending a HC I didnt even want........ ammo for the other side is I did want Josh McDaniels.

Just now, Basbear said:

One day someone needs to bump a couple of theose Brady threads, they were full of hype.......and Im in there with huge questions getting called for it.......sorta like the Rhule ones as welll......now Im in here defending a HC I didnt even want........ ammo for the other side is I did want Josh McDaniels.

You will have to take a seat like me and just watch the prognostication. About all I can do is try to predict how it's all going to play out. It's let going to the track and betting on the horse. I would lose either way. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Joe Brady would have made sense for a team like KC or Tampa.  HC is an experienced NFL OC that likes to control things.  Uber talented QB that is going to be involved with play calling.  It’s an environment for growth.  Which is what someone who has never been an OC needs.   See Leftwich. 

Just now, Basbear said:

Sure, sling and spin that poo.

He didn't know what he was doing and he and Mr. Money thought he did and gave him control of a roster and a team that he never should have had.

Instead of improving the team, he put it in a deeper hole.  It seems he's finally had control taken away from him, control someone with no knowledge of the league should have had.

He was supposed to turn the team around, instead he turned it from one clusterf*ck into a bigger one.

A better, more pro experienced coach would have made the team better and had them with a winning record within a couple years.

• Pie 1