• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

23 hours ago, stbugs said:

Huh? What does cutting Cam have to do with the other? Those cuts were proper for what they were. That does not mean we did the right thing afterwards.

I was on the tank for Trevor train. I disliked both QB signings/trades. Teddy was never going to be a stud and Sam should have gotten grabbed off of the cut pile instead of trading multiple picks for him and agreeing to the fifth year was stupid. If he did great, super, he’s the answer and use the franchise tag and happily pay the extra $6M. Don’t gamble $18M with a high probability you lose it all. Besides everyone and their mother new NY was taking Wilson so get Sam after the draft for a reduced amount. SF already made the trade for Lance so we were competing against ourselves.

Any way, releasing vets who haven’t done anything since we cut them was a good call. Teddy and Sam were terrible calls and made no sense since we weren’t going to be competitive in 2020 or 2021.

That is because you can look back now and say they haven't done anything. Having that leadership carry over and paying those contracts out instead of overpaying for Teddy and trading away a bunch of picks definitely made more sense. It did then and now. One last year of Cam and G-Reg would've been fine compared to the debacle we witnessed. And it would've cost way less in draft capital plus contract money. You can't argue that. 

I'm seeing 11 pages. Maybe one day I will read them all. 

I bet people who were here and pushing for Will Grier to start his first season, are pushing to throw Corral out there. 

Unless that kid absolutely tears it up and you are sure there is no more holding him back, you protect him. Period.

WTF does this season really matter if you could get a career from a guy that you think is a top talent, by training him for the NFL gamer for a season? Bulking him up, building his confidence (or maybe with him not destroying it).

As far as Rhule, I was not in favor of him being the guy, but at the same time he wasn't coming into the same situation that a normal new HC comes into. 

Contact was extremely limited, rosters and lineups were in turmoil/flux constantly and the guy just did not have good circumstances for Season 1 with a new team and all that entails. And the players on the other side of the coin, it wasn't helpful to them at all. 

They convinced me though when they traded for Darnold and dead capped that Teddy money for what? Marginal at best improvement? Compounded mightily by the 5th year option. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, NAS said:

Took a screenshot video of the SiriusXM broadcast this morning. Chris Simms continues to heap praise about the Panthers third round pick and compares his skillset to Aaron Rodgers.

Idt anyone is ever gonna be Rodgers. His arm and on the run accuracy are just freakish. I DO think Corral favors Russel Wilson coming out of college tho. He needs to bulk up (that’s the Rodgers comp imo)…but either way I think he’s gonna be really good and Idt there is any way Darnold is the starter to start the season. I think they lean on the D and running game and help acclimate the rookie similarly to what the Hawks did with RW. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

A lot of NFL insiders are saying Matt Corral’s decision-making has to improve in the pros. He also needs to take fewer risks and learn to maximize his productivity in the run game without putting himself in harm’s way.

However, Corral will have the benefit of Sean Ryan and Ben McAdoo to call upon. Two coaches that are widely respected and have worked with some of the league’s best during their respective careers.

• Beer 2