Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Mark williams and Christian Koloko


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Basbear said:

I dont know if rookie C is the answer to the D woes, but it sure is nice having an GM like Mitch. 

Oh I agree. I think ideally we package 1 pick and PJ, Kelly, whomever and pick up a vet C. Not sure that will happen, but like you , I feel good about Mitch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Oh I agree. I think ideally we package 1 pick and PJ, Kelly, whomever and pick up a vet C. Not sure that will happen, but like you , I feel good about Mitch 

Dam does it feel good, not worrying about some dumbass moves being repeated over and over.... Mitch has drafted about as well as he could and hes been a god in the 2nd. If you look at the roster, I think Mitch has turned over the whole roster in just 3 years. Got young talent and thats always been the biggest issue

Im not up-to-date with NBA players, but using one of the picks for some interior defender must be on the table. 

No worries with Mitch calling the shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Williams might have passed Duren with his measurements at the combine. Duren didn’t even measure, which teams might take as a red flag. If either falls to us and we can find a defensive-minded wing at 15 and a coach who can instill some toughness, then the roster should be in good shape. I’m not a huge fan of trying to pay a vet center to come in and fix all of our defensive woes. Paying a center creates holes on the wing, which are too important in the playoffs. And defense requires buy-in from everybody; even the Jazz can’t just have Gobert bail them out all the time.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Williams might have passed Duren with his measurements at the combine. Duren didn’t even measure, which teams might take as a red flag. If either falls to us and we can find a defensive-minded wing at 15 and a coach who can instill some toughness, then the roster should be in good shape. I’m not a huge fan of trying to pay a vet center to come in and fix all of our defensive woes. Paying a center creates holes on the wing, which are too important in the playoffs. And defense requires buy-in from everybody; even the Jazz can’t just have Gobert bail them out all the time.

I do think Duren is shorter than listed just from watching his games. I think he's somewhere between 6'9.5-6'10. But I don't think that will be a huge deal. Even with measurements I like him over Williams. Williams is too heavy footed for me that will limit him defensively and keep him off the court in the playoffs. My concern with Duren is can he defend without fouling. I like his aggressiveness but the foul trouble also kept him off the court a lot last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m locked in on Malaki Branham with the 13th pick and Mark Williams with the 15th pick if we do indeed keep both picks.

I’m also intrigued by Ousmane Dieng should we want to swing for the fences.

Additionally, if A.J. Griffin happens to fall to 13 then we need to sprint to the podium to take him.

In the second round, I’d double dip at the center position and take Christian Koloko.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I’m a UNC guy but would love Williams here. Would fill a need. He can’t shoot but seems to do a lot of things we’ll. 

Agreed…I think he has upside offensively but he is already a great defender and solid rebounding center with crazy length.  He was Duke’s best player last season IMO

I heard a good comparison for him as a healthy Greg Oden and I personally like that comp

Edited by Shocker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, 4Corners said:

I’m a UNC guy but would love Williams here. Would fill a need. He can’t shoot but seems to do a lot of things we’ll. 

I know that was ultra painful to type, props!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...