• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom of the Roster Guys

Michael G

WRs on the roster Last Year

(1) DJ Moore (Solid)

(2) RA (not very dependable last year)

(3) T. Marshall (IMO a disappointment- hoping he stays healthy and can make a big leap)

(4-6) Shi, Alex E. (He's gone), and B-Zyl. (Very little production aside from a couple a splash plays from B-Zyl and Shi)

Vets Added this year

A. Roberts and R. Higgans.

Analysis

I think DJ, and Roberts are safe. RA probably is too unless we trade him. Marshall too because of his draft status last year and potential. That's 4 spots. Higgans, Shi, and B-Zyl are competing with the Undrafted newcomers for spots 5 and 6. It could be a real dogfight during camp.

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't think it's because he's a Rhule guy, I think it's because he's been good depth. I don't know what people expect. I haven't heard his name called for anything bad, but have seen him impact a few plays. 

He's a very mediocre player, at best. It shouldn't be to hard to upgrade him but we definitely don't appear to try very hard to do so.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He's a very mediocre player, at best. It shouldn't be to hard to upgrade him but we definitely don't appear to try very hard to do so.

Our Interior DL IMO has been underwhelming the past few years. Brown is inconsistent, Our run stuffing journeymen (Kerr/Jones) have been average and our rotational pieces have been just Blah. We switch fronts and rotate pieces like Obada, Fox and YGM inside too. There's a lot going on. I'd think with Brown slimming down, Nixon maybe playing more, and Leonidas coming in we'll need a solid run stuffing NT/DT. Roy doesn't seem to be able to fill that role as well as I'd hope (He's no V. Wilfork).  

• Beer 2

48 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Our Interior DL IMO has been underwhelming the past few years. Brown is inconsistent, Our run stuffing journeymen (Kerr/Jones) have been average and our rotational pieces have been just Blah. We switch fronts and rotate pieces like Obada, Fox and YGM inside too. There's a lot going on. I'd think with Brown slimming down, Nixon maybe playing more, and Leonidas coming in we'll need a solid run stuffing NT/DT. Roy doesn't seem to be able to fill that role as well as I'd hope (He's no V. Wilfork).  

Yeah, we don't have the players to run the scheme we are trying to run on defense. Need much, much better LB's and more disciplined DL. 

We generate a lot of pass rush pressure but are atrocious in run defense. 

• Beer 2

20 hours ago, Michael G said:

Jacob Tuiti-Mriner (DL)- this former UDFA (out of UCLA) has played for Atlanta the last 3 years bouncing back and forth from the PS to the active roster. He was actually defensive player of the week for the NFC awhile back after a strip sack and recovery and then another fumble recovery. He is listed on our roster as a DT but played some OLB and on ST for Atlanta. He is probably too small (260lbs) to do more than rotate in to provide an interior Pass Rush as a DT. He might stick depending on how Snow wants to build the DL and is he can impress on ST.

This guy is intriguing. A lot of DL/DE guys come into their own after 2-3 years. A change of scenery might be good for him. Plus, he's been in a divisional foe's meetings for the last 3 years.

• Beer 1

On 6/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, Michael G said:

Jared Scott (TE)- An UDFA we signed as a tryout player after Rookie Mini Camp. He played his senior year at Idaho St, but also spent time at Jacksonville St. and Prairie View A&M (where he played WR as a Junior). He was not very productive at WR and there's not a lot of tape on this guy at TE. A project player at best. he'll be lucky to make the PS unless we turn him into a FB, cuz WRs who try to play TE always make good FBs (ex- Giovanni Rici). 

This is my UDFA to watch knowing his chances are slim to none.

I pick one each year and this is my choice for 22. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

WR Charleston Rambo -    100k base salary guaranteed 

WR Ra'Shaun Henry -        100k base salary guaranteed 

LB Arron Mosby -              75k base salary guaranteed 

LB Khalan Tolson -            65k base salary guaranteed 

NT Marquan McCall -        45k base salary guaranteed 

LB Isaiah Graham-Mobley - 45k base salary guaranteed 

This gives you a good idea which UDFA's the team think have a good shot of making the team

• Pie 3

On 6/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, ChuckWag78 said:

I feel Higgins is more of a lock to make the team. He was sneaky good for the Browns. 

He was, FF checking in. He saved me a few weeks in a ultra deep leagues. If you check up on him, hes got everything to be a elite WR, yes a elite WR. 

No issue with him being the #4

• Pie 1