• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Presents The Process

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

The ‘process’ is just ‘try to get better everyday’.

That’s it. No more substance than that. 

How does a nfl player and team get better everyday? Rhule has no idea.

That process works in college. In the NFL you are who you are. You may get the dial to move just a smidge but for the most part you aren’t gonna become some star player. Players in the NFL don’t have time for the Process. 

4 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

“It’s just very simply recognization…”

-Matt Rhule, 2022

But seriously Rhule never comes across well in his interviews. He must have had an “out-of-body” moment when he interviewed with Tepper. Only for him to never reach that level of competence again. It reminds me of Will Ferrell in that debate in Old School.

No it pretty much lastest from the initial Tepper and Hurney interview right up until the 24 hours after receiving the keys to his office space.

Iirc, even his introductory speech was pretty damn good. Then again it's a EXTREME difference between reading off note cards vs on the spot response. 

To add to his flaws imo he's a bit power hungry and he tries too hard to relate to the players. So instead of it feeling genuine it comes off as cringy at times ..that may because he's still pulling from his Temple/Baylor bag i.e...Treating grown men like first year freshmen.

In his mind he probably sees himself as John Madden in grooming. In reality, we've been gifted Rick Moranis from the Little Giants. 

Sad part is I'd like to like this guy. He just makes that incredibly hard at almost a trolling rate. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

That process works in college. In the NFL you are who you are. You may get the dial to move just a smidge but for the most part you aren’t gonna become some star player. Players in the NFL don’t have time for the Process. 

That’s not true for everyone. A lot of guys do take big steps in the nfl. The issue is most guys don’t get playing time which means they don’t get better.

Look at Bradberry. That guy shouldn’t have become anything. Small school guy who would have been drafted late if at all. Instead, he came here and became a starter because there was no one else. He got a full time role and tons of 1:1 coaching. A few years later he was the best corner in the league for a minute with a big contract.

35 minutes ago, Tbe said:

That’s not true for everyone. A lot of guys do take big steps in the nfl. The issue is most guys don’t get playing time which means they don’t get better.

Look at Bradberry. That guy shouldn’t have become anything. Small school guy who would have been drafted late if at all. Instead, he came here and became a starter because there was no one else. He got a full time role and tons of 1:1 coaching. A few years later he was the best corner in the league for a minute with a big contract.

You could probably make the argument if we had a decent secondary Josh Norman gets cut early on and disappears.   He was horrific at first.   But we didn’t have a lot corners so he would go to the doghouse instead off the team….and we would keep working him.    Then somehow became the highest paid DB in the NFL for a brief moment lol. 

6 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

"Get 1-percent better every day."  When does he kick that off, himself?

I've worked in, for, and around an agency in DC for 33 years.  My wife has worked in public relations for 25+ years.  I have a strong BS meter in my head, and hearing that interview it was pegged at the max.  It may take hours for it to come back down. 

Rhule could be in Congress.

It’s true. But all he has to impress is one person. A fat former fry cook who is also a billionaire.