• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the Ball’s

ncfan

I try to care about the Hornets cuz I was excited we had a NBA team when they came to be no more traveling to ATL to root for the Hawks… this franchise has been garbage since .. the N O Hornets were so much better.. fuggin Bobcats.. what a dumb name.. fug MJ and his stupid shoes.. sell the team 

LaMelo is the closest the Hornets have had to a MJ/Kobe type of player.

It's a new day. Gotta keep your boy happy. Two roster spots to keep him happy, put family around the still young man?! 

Now with Miles gone, because let's face it, he's outta here, you've gotta replace that. The biggest reason for resigning Miles was Melo.

Melo wants Durant, when I said a couple posts ago that somebody needed to make that call I really meant MJ, but Melo has weight.

To Durant playing with Melo instead of Kyrie may be an upgrade. Helping MJ and Melo may be attractive. Miles gone makes Lonzo more valuable now.

Robert Parrish played for the Hornets and retired here on Lake Norman last I heard so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Tell KD that this will be Golden State East and we've got the second best shooting Curry in the building every night.

Edited by rippadonn

I love Terry, but we need to trade him and get value for him because the fit just isn't ideal.  He is a certified dog and an absolute baller, but hr has to go somewhere where he is the ball dominant guard.  Having Melo here as the primary ball handler makes it tough matches wise when you have a barely 6 foot guard as the other gut in the backcourt.  I've always believed that.  No matter how good he is, it puts us in an unfavorable position if he isn't able to maximize his touches and production offensively to offset the match up issues it creates on defense.  So, ideally, moving him to a team where he could maximize his offense for a off-guard or combo guard with size would be perfect, and Lonzo fits that's description perfectly.  I really would like to get more for Terry (like in a package to get KD, but that's likely a piepedream as I'm sure KD has no interest in coming here), but if that's the beat we can do, I really like that trade as well.

An off-guard with size and defensive ability makes us incredibly dangerous.  Also, can you imagine the Lonzo and Melo as a passing backcourt?  My God.  That would be amazing to watch.