• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This right here is HUGE

Zod

13 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Baker's fall off occurs in the 4th quarter.  That doesn't mean he doesn't have any 4th qtr comebacks.  He does.  He has 6.  It looks like 2-3 a year is a good benchmark, so he's a bit south of that.

Watch out you are going to trigger a certain someone…

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Watch out you are going to trigger a certain someone…

Yeah.  I do that.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Anyway Baker is at 1.5 4th qtr combacks a year.   That is the same as Kyler Murray and Carson Wentz.  Of course its a lot better than Teddy and Sam.

Baker is his worst in the 4th quarter.  That doesn't mean he doesn't win games there. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SazmoRanger said:

Why do people keep comparing him to Darnold? Please stop. The people who didn’t want to trade for Baker don’t think Darnold is better. NOBODY, thinks that. Congrats, Baker is better than the worst starting QB in the league last year. 

Most people like myself just don’t want to settle for mediocrity and don’t believe Baker is an elite QB. You need that elite QB to win the Super Bowl in today’s NFL. Just because Sam sucks doesn’t mean we should’ve traded for Baker. 

The alternative was to throw a 3rd round rookie to the wolves.  This is the superior plan.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Don't forget f'n Clete Blakeman. They couldn't win without him.

No one will ever convince me that game wasn't determined before the ball was ever snapped. No way were they going to let PM be 1-3 in SBs. If that had been TB12 instead of Cam half that defense would have been ejected. Manning losing to an upstart young star doing everything the NFL hated was never going to happen. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

100%  we have no plan

Actually you just don't like the plan.

If Hurney was still here, we'd be finishing up Teddy's contract this year. 

Fits plan is the same as Seattle's: keep throwing QB's at the wall until you find one.  Teddy was OK, but we felt he couldn't get us there.   Sam was a stinker.  Cam is done, unfortunately.  Now we're trying Baker. 

It is a rocky road and hard on fans, and it is a very unconventional plan but it has had success at our GM's previous stop which is why it is happening here.  We also drafted a rookie to see if somethings there.

I was against the Baker trade, but its done.   He has  potential, and I'm not sure he won't become elite.  He's not perfect, but had a better rookie year than Allen.

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

No one will ever convince me that game wasn't determined before the ball was ever snapped. No way were they going to let PM be 1-3 in SBs. If that had been TB12 instead of Cam half that defense would have been ejected. Manning losing to an upstart young star doing everything the NFL hated was never going to happen. 

That’s 100% what happened. I wouldn’t even put it past being a subconscious biased against Cam and history of the game at the time and the whole “good ole boy” mentality.

• Pie 4