• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News from other NFL camps

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It shouldn't be 😄

When you read enough recipes and order enough box meals to cook you will eventually catch on. Now that the boys are older I just keep it meat and a couple of sides.  The hardest part is getting the timing down to where everything is ready at the same time. I struggle with multi-tasking as I age.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've been single for about that long myself.  First thing I did was learn to cook.

I had to because I was feeding my two growing sons and eating out every night gets expensive and old after a while. 

I started to enjoy it after I figured out how to do it.  It's really not that hard.

In my family only the men cook.  The grandmothers could cook, and did occasionally, but not often.  My Father cooked most every meal unless he couldn't get home in time.

I cook every meal, my brother went to school to be a chef, and my sister cooks zero.

Weird, I know.  I knew "how" to cook, but didn't know why I was doing most of what I was doing.  Alton Brown's cooking show helped, then I started reading cookbooks for fun...now we rarely eat out.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

When you read enough recipes and order enough box meals to cook you will eventually catch on. Now that the boys are older I just keep it meat and a couple of sides.  The hardest part is getting the timing down to where everything is ready at the same time. I struggle with multi-tasking as I age.

All reasonable but...not me 😄

Many years ago, I came to an acceptance of the things I do well and the things I don't. Writing, spreadsheets, anything football related...good. Cooking, driving, basketball things...not so much.

I did cook for Lady Cowboy Fan a couple of times when we were dating. She likes to reminds me occasionally that she's still with me despite this.

And to her credit, when it comes to anything I try to do, she always gives me her most honest, unvarnished opinion.

(whether I ask for it or not) 😒

• Beer 1

Just now, Pakmeng said:

I'm not criticizing your post I'm commenting on you being unable to feed yourself and expecting others to take care of you so you can make poor online arguments all day.

Oh sure. And hey, that's a big change from your usual MO of just uselessly commenting critically on what others say without saying much of anything yourself 😆

I'd say it might be time to "lose your password" again but the reality is nobody's interested in what you say regardless of what your screen name is.

1 minute ago, Mistuh Jones said:

I love to cook personally. My oldest son could be a professional chef when he grows up. It's just something about adding your own literal flavor to something and have people enjoy it

Lady Cowboy Fan's older grandson has an interest in culinary arts. I'm not certain yet whether he has a talent for it though.

We've tried a few of his "experiments". They've been...interesting 😕

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1