• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I see Sam to the Rams possibly in the near future...

musicman

For starters, I think all this is all highly unlikely. But honestly it wouldn't shock me if McVay could turn Darnold into a serviceable qb; hell he may be the only one who can. So the one plausible scenario I could see is Stafford is expected out for a while and we do a deal similar to the Mayfield one in all aspects: conditional day 3 pick, we pick up a large portion of the salary AND Darnold agrees to a pay cut/contract adjustment that shifts some of the money to non guaranteed incentives bonus. And if you're Darnold, you should do that in a heartbeat. His value is an all time low. He'll be lucky to get medium end backup money next off-season. But if he goes to the Rams and has McVay revive his career, now you're suddenly back in play for starter money. Sacrifice $5 million this year and potentially get $30 million more on your next contract.

Win win for everyone: Rams get a super cheap flyer when they are in desperate need in win now mode, Panthers save about $5 million in cap space and get a late round pick, and Darnold gets one last chance as a starter with the best offensive mind in the NFL (or top 2 if you favor Andy Reid) coaching him rather than the absolute nightmare succession of Adam Gase followed by Rhule/Brady.

Edited by Peon Awesome
Typo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1