• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday

Zod

16 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

To put it bluntly - you don't know what you're talking about.  Baker was a top 10 QB before he got injured.  That is statistical fact. Baker resurrected the Browns franchise and won a playoff game with 4+ head coaches and 4 OC's.  That is also fact.  He's a damn good QB and the stats support that.

Why they get rid of him then and have to pay a team to do it?

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You would have tanked for Trevor?!  Bravo!  What a great GM you would have been.  Just tell your locker room this year is a wash because we think this rookie QB might be good.  Worked out for the Jags who were dead last again after drafting him.  

Just mute his dumb ass. Replaced Dr. Lunker as the resident moron in here.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

A lot was behind the Jags getting the #1 pick.... That wasnt on Trevor and I would also have triple the amount of money to build the team around the QB. Do you realize even if we wanted to re-sign Baker next year we literally cant? We have the second worst cap situation in the league as of right now w no QB....

Cap space???  Whatever shall we do???  Cap is very fluid and pivoting the argument towards how we are handling our cap space vs how terrible Baker is, is a nice deflection.  

We are towards the top this year with rollover cap.  Next year looks terrible, but check out the Jags only one spot higher than us with a QB on the rookie scale.  You said you would have spent MORE money if you ran that team right???  Then in 2024 we are back in the upper middle of the salary cap.  I am curious how you are going to TRIPLE the amount of money for the Jags to build a team around Trevor when they have $7.5 million (less then we do) this year and are already over the cap next year??

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Just mute his dumb ass. Replaced Dr. Lunker as the resident moron in here.

So I am a dumb ass because I don't think a guy that no team was interested in and his old team had to pay to get rid of him isn't any good? And I have a grad degree from UNC and live on my own at 24 years old at the element uptown... I think I'm a little smarter than you. Grow up. 

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Cap space???  Whatever shall we do???  Cap is very fluid and pivoting the argument towards how we are handling our cap space vs how terrible Baker is, is a nice deflection.  

We are towards the top this year with rollover cap.  Next year looks terrible, but check out the Jags only one spot higher than us with a QB on the rookie scale.  You said you would have spent MORE money if you ran that team right???  Then in 2024 we are back in the upper middle of the salary cap.  I am curious how you are going to TRIPLE the amount of money for the Jags to build a team around Trevor when they have $7.5 million (less then we do) this year and are already over the cap next year??

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Because I wouldn't sign players like Christian Kirk to massive contracts. Their GM and owner are the worst in the league.

Edited by Jared Patterson

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We do have some cases on this board.

I was not a fan of trading for Mayfield, but at what we gave the Browns to get him and the amount of his contract we are paying, it is hard to argue. 

Bad movie, but a classic line none the less.

That's the exact reason why no one can really complain.  He is an average QB with some potential still that we got for dirt cheap.  The no ties to him next year makes it a no brainer to me.  I'm not thinking he is our franchise savior, but I'm just hoping he makes the offense watchable again.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

Because I wouldn't sign players like Christian Kirk to massive contracts. Their GM and owner are the worst in the league.

They had no choice but to overpay because they are a small market historically bad team.  The only way good players are going there is for more money than they would get at other places.  You do realize that is how it works right?  It's why Stafford and Russ didn't want to come here.  Use that UNC grad degree for some logic and reason.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That's the exact reason why no one can really complain.  He is an average QB with some potential still that we got for dirt cheap.  The no ties to him next year makes it a no brainer to me.  I'm not thinking he is our franchise savior, but I'm just hoping he makes the offense watchable again.

Thats fine, but we don't have to pretend he is a good QB or the Browns would've never had to pay to get rid of him and be desperate enough to pay a sexual predator 200 million guaranteed.

59 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This musical chairs crap on the oline is probably the stupidest thing being done an offensive line needs contiuntey, There is literally no way that some combination of Ickey/Christenson/Bozeman/Corbet/Moton isn't the top 5.

You guys are never happy. I'm disgusted with all of you 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

They had no choice but to overpay because they are a small market historically bad team.  The only way good players are going there is for more money than they would get at other places.  You do realize that is how it works right?  It's why Stafford and Russ didn't want to come here.  Use that UNC grad degree for some logic and reason.  

Thats not true. They don't want to go to teams that are ran poorly. Khan and Baalke are as bad as it gets. If you have a young QB to build around and a nice city like Charlotte you can get players on decent salaries. Stafford and Russ wanted nothing to do w Matt Rhule and based on reports coming out of Cleveland players did not like playing with Mayfield, so we def cant get anyone between Mayfield and Rhule. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So I am a dumb ass because I don't think a guy that no team was interested in and his old team had to pay to get rid of him isn't any good?

Wouldn't call you dumb, but I would tell you I think you're wrong.

Mayfield has actually been nothing but a model citizen so far. And while it's true nobody wanted him at his prior cap figure (including us) you'd likely have seen several teams make an offer had he been outright released.

(and keep in mind, I say all this as someone who was not a fan of trading for him)