• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms is right on the money re the competition

top dawg

46 minutes ago, t96 said:

Would Darnold not have had the playbook that whole time though? He participated in OTAs and had over a month head start on studying the playbook. I'd say he should've had a leg up on knowing the offense better. And whether that's the case or not, those aren't "facts" that Simms can be wrong on. It's subjective and none of us have any idea how well either of those guys know the offense. 

Yeah...that's nothing special.

Darnold could have had the playbook for a whole year before Mayfield did and still wouldn't have gained any advantage. It's the on-field reps that count. And I haven't seen anyone at any point say that Darnold looked more in command of the offense then Mayfield.

But let's suppose for a moment that it did matter. Wouldn't it then make sense to give more reps to the guy who had less time to study the playbook?

• Beer 1

Likewise, not on board with the idea that making Mayfield think he has to earn it will somehow cause him to work harder.

I'm never a fan of using psycho-manipulative bullsh-t in coaching. You can't trick somebody into being good. You can lead them, you can teach them, you can coach them, but you can't trick them.

Hell, if I thought somebody needed to be tricked into doing their best, I probably wouldn't want em on my team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Steelo Senpai said:

This facade will be over with soon enough. 

I know right?

Oh no, Qb1 had reps with the twos in training camp. 

If it wasn't this, it would be that winner was just handed the job.  

Its just one more way to direct hatred at Rhule.

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I know right?

Oh no, Qb1 had reps with the twos in training camp. 

If it wasn't this, it would be that winner was just handed the job.  

Its just one more way to direct hatred at Rhule.

No. It's just a other instance of dozens where the huddle is going to be right and Rhule will be wrong. Again. 

• Pie 1