• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great line from McAdoo on Icky: "When that ball is snapped... Icky can block out the sun."

Proudiddy

Just said it in his presser.  I believe the question was about what they saw on his college tape that they felt would translate to the pros and that was McAdoo's immediate reply, and then added his passion to finish blocks and protect his teammates, as well as his intelligence.  

Love it.

And also, fwiw, when he was with the Giants, and perhaps that was more a product of national/NY media, he always seemed to come off as a smug buffoon type there.  But, man, the more pressers I see of him here, the more I like him.  He seems to have a bit of smart-ass to him, but not in a condescending way.  He can be humorous, and he just seems very knowledgeable about his job and what his intentions are...  and aside from all of that, just seems very comfortable in his own skin.  He's quickly becoming a favorite of mine on the staff (already liked Wilks, and I've liked Snow as well).

C/o Michael G sharing the TC thread, here is the full presser:

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

He also just said in response to several different questions regarding Corral that while acknowledging his reps situation isn't ideal, it's the hand he currently holds and has to work through but said he has improved greatly since the minicamps.  He went on to say he is improving several times and then finished the last question about him with "He is ascending."

Very complimentary.  And very interesting. 

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

McAdoo broke New York media law and said bad things about Eli even though in the end Ben was right.

After that it was always negative light even though he did some good things with the Giants.

Most of the vitriol came from, I believe, him benching Eli for Geno Smith and ruining his iron man streak, only to start Eli again the following week 

27 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Most of the vitriol came from, I believe, him benching Eli for Geno Smith and ruining his iron man streak, only to start Eli again the following week 

From what I can recall that was the straw that broke the camels back but he was critical of Eli going into that season. He apparently wanted Mahomes but the giants front and drive said “no we have Eli” even though he was on the tail end of his career.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Which was dumb. Eli's skill had deteriorated but not to the level of Geno Smith.  It will be funny to watch Seattle this year. They are either 1. going to trade for a qb, 2. very stupid, or 3. trying to tank for a good qb pick in this year's draft.  

• Pie 1