• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s no longer four preseason games… there’s three… so that’s two to get things right for the starters as the depth players will see most if not all the snaps in game three.

For the Panthers, that means there’s potentially only one game left for the starters to build any sort of chemistry or continuity… what are you going to say if Rhule does the same rotation next week? And by all accounts he will, after all, Mayfield said that it just happened to be his turn to start… that’s a strong indicator that these rotations aren’t over yet.

You keep acting like we have a world of time left… we don’t.

The fourth preseason game was a waste anyway and no starters ever played so it hasn't changed much. And these interteam practices have really helped give starters more quality reps. So again if time was of the essence we would have played both of them more than 1 series. Much ado about nothing.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive asked multiple times now and nobody seems to want to answer but how are all of the other rookies that were drafted so much further ahead in their development?   I mean every one drafted is light years ahead

How many of those teams are keeping 3 qbs. They don't have the luxury of slowly developing them. Just because you are impatient doesn't mean it is the wrong approach.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The fourth preseason game was a waste anyway and no starters ever played so it hasn't changed much. And these interteam practices have really helped give starters more quality reps. So again if time was of the essence we would have played both of them more than 1 series. Much ado about nothing.

Bud you are completely missing the point… the fourth preseason game allowed coaches three games to evaluate starters. We are now down to three preseason games which gives coaches two games to evaluate starters…

We are heading into that second game… still evaluating starters with no true plan… it’s still a hodgepodge of mixing and matching.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

How many of those teams are keeping 3 qbs. They don't have the luxury of slowly developing them. Just because you are impatient doesn't mean it is the wrong approach.

How is he being developed by being on the fourth string?  None of those examples you posted are even remotely close to what we are doing with Corral. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

How is he being developed by being on the fourth string?  None of those examples you posted are even remotely close to what we are doing with Corral. 

When it comes to coaching, there is no need to go back and forth with p55. He has always defended coaching for almost 20 years now.

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We are talking about practice reps here, not game reps. So it's much ado about everything.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bud you are completely missing the point… the fourth preseason game allowed coaches three games to evaluate starters. We are now down to three preseason games which gives coaches two games to evaluate starters…

We are heading into that second game… still evaluating starters with no true plan… it’s still a hodgepodge of mixing and matching.

No you missed the point. Preseason isn't as important and you think which is why players and coaches got rid of it. That and having one more regular season game means more money for both.

Truly I am a spectator watching so of course I don't have any way ro know what they are thinking. I am just not triggered by what is happened as many of you guys seem to be.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

No you missed the point. Preseason isn't as important and you think which is why players and coaches got rid of it. That and having one more regular season game means more money for both.

Truly I am a spectator watching so of course I don't have any way ro know what they are thinking. I am just not triggered by what is happened as many of you guys seem to be.

why do you have so much blind trust in rhule?  Its so weird

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

When it comes to coaching, there is no need to go back and forth with p55. He has always defended coaching for almost 20 years now.

Just like when I was the first to point out Gettlemans flaws which proved his undoing. Or criticized Snow and his 3 man prevent in 2020.  Or have had a lot to say about Rhules naivete and our college coordinators who admitted we didnt prepare because they hadnt done that before. But yeah it is always praise.