• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Why would I. Who says I would do things like McAdoo is doing or even agree. I can tell you the rationale without agreeing. Honestly we won't know if it is the best idea until things play out. I just wait to bitch until there is actually a reason. Unlike you who always has an opinion informed or not.

again you are scared to simply answer the question

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean what has Sam Darnold in a competition with Baker Mayfield to begin with is the question. 

him having a spot as “co starter” is absurd to begin with.  A 19 yard preseason drive certainly doesn’t make this nonsense more legit.  Baker is simply a better QB than Sam.  

Another question is if this was a legit QB battle, why would Rhule give them different O-lines to play behind for their respective series? Just pick your 5 O-line for the 1st quarter and play them, let McAdoo do his thing with everything the same but a different QB. 

I wish Rhule had been fired last year.

That being said, I think most of you are making too much of this.  It was a certainty that Corral would be third after Baker and Darnold, once we got Baker and didn't get rid of Darnold.  I think the plan is to bring Corral along slowly.  

Baker is going to start with Darnold being the back up.  Corral will be the third qb, and be inactive on most days, but he will get more snaps in the next preseason game.  PJ might make the practice squad, but more than likely will be gone.  If Baker or Darnold get injured or if Darnold gets traded or cut, Corral will get more playing time/snaps.  

Are these the right moves?  Probably not, but I am not sure I want to get upset about how many snaps our third string qb is getting.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

That being said, I think most of you are making too much of this.  It was a certainty that Corral would be third after Baker and Darnold, once we got Baker and didn't get rid of Darnold.  I think the plan is to bring Corral along slowly.  

Baker is going to start with Darnold being the back up.  Corral will be the third qb, and be inactive on most days, but he will get more snaps in the next preseason game.  PJ might make the practice squad, but more than likely will be gone.  If Baker or Darnold get injured or if Darnold gets traded or cut, Corral will get more playing time/snaps.  

Are these the right moves?  Probably not, but I am not sure I want to get upset about how many snaps our third string qb is getting.

corral is not the third

25 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think Corral is getting attention just because it is one more needle on the haystack when it comes to Rhule.   

so you watch a game that opens with the QB sideshow, the OL sideshow, then see a guy everyone knows is getting cut and at best not getting claimed and going to the practice squad dominate reps ….and finish with the Corral mess. 

I mean if you want to go with the 55 argument?  That he doesn’t get any reps in practice because he can’t handle them??? Which I view as bogus.    Well…..then a HC then shouldn’t put him out there to a play a quarter of preseason ball behind a really bad OL.   That’s not development.  And if you deemed him unable handle controlled practice, often without any contact or pass rush…..then you certainly couldn’t then also justify throwing him out there for a full NFL quarter.  That logic simply continues to highlight that  Rhule runs a nonsensical program.   

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Corral is getting attention just because it is one more needle on the haystack when it comes to Rhule.   

so you watch a game that opens with the QB sideshow, the OL sideshow, then see a guy everyone knows is getting cut and at best not getting claimed and going to the practice squad dominate ….and finish with the Corral mess. 

I mean if you want to go with the 55 argument?  That he doesn’t get any reps in practice because he can’t handle them??? Which I view as bogus.    Well…..then a HC then should put him out there to a play a quarter of preseason ball behind a really bad OL.   That’s not development.  And if you deemed him unable handle controlled practice, often without any contact or pass rush…..then you certainly couldn’t then also justify throwing him out there for a full NFL quarter.  That logic simply continues to highlight that  Rhule runs a nonsensical program.  

Like I said, Rhule should have been fired last year.

Actually, should have never been hired.  College coaches with almost no NFL experience almost never works out.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Scared to answer a question in a message board? Are you in middle school? How bizarre.

yeah I figured you were chickenshit

I'll help you out

1. Willis was considered a huge project coming from liberty way more then MC but yet through the grace of God the titans coaches have him elevated to 2nd string

2.  You will not find a qb that was developed like MC is because he doesnt exist.   What rhule is doing is insane.

But I suspect you already knew that and simply didnt want to answer the questions because everyone would know you are full of poo

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

yeah I figured you were chickenshit

I'll help you out

1. Willis was considered a huge project coming from liberty way more then MC but yet through the grace of God the titans coaches have him elevated to 2nd string

2.  You will not find a qb that was developed like MC is because he doesnt exist.   What rhule is doing is insane.

But I suspect you already knew that and simply didnt want to answer the questions because everyone would know you are full of poo

I don't waste my time with fantasy and I don't go back and forth about who we could pick where or in what round. I don't speculate about or compare what ifs or go back and forth with middle schoolers about who is afraid to answer a question. Or call people chicken poo because they won't answer my troll questions.  I learned to ignore criticism from someone who I dont value their advice. And your opinion is totally irrelevant.  Later troll.

21 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Like I said, Rhule should have been fired last year.

Actually, should have never been hired.  College coaches with almost no NFL experience almost never works out.

Something tells me Rhule's NFL performance is gonna make it tougher for college coaches to get pro jobs.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Something tells me Rhule's NFL performance is gonna make it tougher for college coaches to get pro jobs.

Probably not him alone but yeah.  Last 2 in Rhule and Ubran have been really bad.   

think we see more Mike McDaniel types when teams want to be different