• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 2

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, it also concerns me that it escalates the chances for revenge taken out when we actually play the game Friday.  Just doesn't seem to be a good idea at all.  I like that we seem to be the ones bringing the dog to the fight, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea knowing we have to play them Friday.

Saw some other sources saying the same thing

Seems to be getting some attention from national analysts

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I read somewhere that the refs at practice are supposed to be enforcing this pretty heavily to help teams with the rule transition. 

Concern there is that Horn is known as kind of a "handsy" guy.

Full disclosure though: I'm not a huge fan of that particular emphasis anyway.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Concern there is that Horn is known as kind of a "handsy" guy.

Full disclosure though: I'm not a huge fan of that particular emphasis anyway.

yeah that was one of his knocks coming out of college. I know we was working on it last year with coach Cooper. I think he did get flagged once for holding last year in his three games. Hopefully through growth and progression this wont plague him. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saw some other sources saying the same thing

Seems to be getting some attention from national analysts

Yeah, and I could expect Rhule to not command enough respect or have enough control of his team to where that stuff would happen, but I'm particularly surprised that Belichick and all his gravitas is apparently idly standing by and allowing his team to get into it.

NGL, knowing what happened yesterday, and then them running joint kickoff drills, to where even a guy like Person is tweeting the drill is "stupid," I'm starting to wonder if this is all purposeful from Belichick and Rhule.  Almost like an old-fashioned, now outlawed Oklahoma Drill, in the guise of a joint practice, to toughen up their squads.  Otherwise, it makes zero sense.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Fitt needs to put an end to the bullshit.  After Darnold's showing today, the team steadily and progressively gravitating towards Baker as the leader and QB1, they just need to dump Darnold and give PJ and Corral those reps.  A lot more meaningful.  As many of us have been saying, there is no hope for Sam.  He is what he is.  Perhaps he can latch on somewhere as a backup or #3, but it shouldn't be here.  He is useless.

It would be dumb to just cut Sam at this point.  We've already gotta pay him 19 million dollars either way....might as well keep him around as the backup. Corral is obviously not ready for that role at this time, as much potential as I think he has. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

The joint practice allows for very specific scenarios to be played out that aren't sure to happen in the game. The starters and those getting most reps in this will be held out of the game.

A good read about them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/joint-practices-allow-coaches-to-hold-players-out-of-games/2022/08/09/934d42a6-182f-11ed-b998-b2ab68f58468_story.html

Ahh, good point.  I forgot about that...  I was thinking because it's the second preseason game, that had we not had joint practices, this would be more like the dress rehearsal that the 3rd PS game used to be.  But, yes, I forgot...  we have started using these sessions as the dress rehearsal instead, like we did with Indy last season, and why they said a lot of our guys like CMC would participate in the practices but not in the game...  yes, it all males sense now.  Brain fart on my part lol.

But still, I would be concerned about cheap shots and auch even with the depth guys.  It just doesn't seem to set a very good precedent.

21 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah and would be incredible value for a 4th round QB.  But the bar for him fetching major picks is probably a good bit higher than "better than what the Panthers have fielded in quite a while" lol.

Let's see how it goes. I'm betting I'm right.