• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping 3 QBs #theory

Evil Hurney

16 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

If you keep 3 QBs on the 53, you better feel real good about the potential of #3. That spot could be used for someone who helps you today, not 2-3 years from now. 

yes. unless it's a true developmental guy like Corral, you don't want to use that 3rd. Have realistic expectations for that potential 3rd spot and who you have available. If you can keep them on the PS, do it.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Imagine if we picked him up and don't give him reps (which would actually make sense).  He might explode.....

id bring him in just to look at the knee, pretty sure we didnt use one of our visits predraft on him so it wouldnt hurt to just see whats going on.  He does have a howitzer for an arm

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

id bring him in just to look at the knee, pretty sure we didnt use one of our visits predraft on him so it wouldnt hurt to just see whats going on.  He does have a howitzer for an arm

I'd much rather have a rookie with potential as our backup than Sam.  I was hoping Corral would become the 2 before the season was over, but we all know how that went....

5 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

I figured he'd do OK there.  Only place he's being mentioned is on eagles boards. They assume he's just not worth the time . Though it doesn't sound like they had any expectations for him.

He's apparently underwhelmed in the preseason/TC. Granted, he seems to be dealing with the same issue Corral was in receiving limited reps throughout, but based on what I have seen he has not been spectacular in the limited chances he has bene given. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He's apparently underwhelmed in the preseason/TC. Granted, he seems to be dealing with the same issue Corral was in receiving limited reps throughout, but based on what I have seen he has not been spectacular in the limited chances he has bene given. 

Oh damn, I thought it was a knee thing, I dont follow the eagles so I just assumed. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Oh damn, I thought it was a knee thing, I dont follow the eagles so I just assumed. 

apparently Reid Sinnett came into camp much improved from last season and the team has been mulling over the idea of trading away either him or Minshew to gain some assets in the draft. 

Because Sinnett has looked so good, Strong just hasn't gotten any opportunities and is looking like the odd man out. 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'd much rather have a rookie with potential as our backup than Sam.  I was hoping Corral would become the 2 before the season was over, but we all know how that went....

If we are good enough to contend for a playoff spot, I would prefer Sam.  Not great, but maybe capable of winning a game or two if Mayfield is out.  

Plus anyone else we bring in will mean we have to pay them.  Not a lot of course, but we would be paying them, while Sam's cap hit is still on the books.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

What should happen...

Trade Darnold for a bag of used footballs. 

Keep PJ on the practice squad. 

Grab Skylar Thompson from Miami. I might give a late round pick for that. 

I'd love to see Skylar brought in as a another developmental QB assuming he doesn't make their 53 ... sadly he may have played too well for the Dolphins to feel comfortable to try to stash.

Edited by Evil Hurney