• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping 3 QBs #theory

Evil Hurney

It's fairly obvious the original plan was to keep Baker, Sam, and Corral as the 3 QBs. When asked if they still might keep 3 Rhule didn't rule it out (no pun intended). To most this seems like a way to keep PJ on the roster, but I have a different theory.

What if the team is considering using the spot originally intended for Corral to poach a promising rookie or 1st year QB off another team? Most teams only keep 2 guys and some will try to hide developmental guys on their practice squads. By using the now vacant 3rd QB spot, the team gets an additional swing at the QB position for very low investment while also ensuring we have multiple guys under contract for the near future.

What QB, that is a possible cut candidate, would you want Fit to steal?

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

It's fairly obvious the original plan was to keep Baker, Sam, and Corral as the 3 QBs. When asked if they still might keep 3 Rhule didn't rule it out (no pun intended). To most this seems like a way to keep PJ on the roster, but I have a different theory.

What if the team is considering using the spot originally intended for Corral to poach a promising rookie or 1st year QB off another team? Most teams only keep 2 guys and some will try to hide developmental guys on their practice squads. By using the now vacant 3rd QB spot, the team gets an additional swing at the QB position for very low investment while also ensuring we have multiple guys under contract for the near future.

What QB, that is a possible cut candidate, would you want Fit to steal?

You truly are the Anti Hurney. I would love to see something like this happen. No idea on the who, but it beats keeping in PJ, which is probably what's going to happen in the end if we keep 3 QBs.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

nah lets just roll with baker and sam.

probably best to do. i mean keep PJ i guess on the practice squad and if he gets picked up by someone 🤷‍♂️.  i mean we'll need someone for the practice squad, but just being real, if it's not Corral and we're down to the 3rd QB...we're kind of screwed anyways. 

• Beer 1