• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't think he's learned jack poo. If/when he keeps PJ Walker and Sam Tecklenburg on the roster again, that'll be all the evidence I need.

I agree that Tecklenburg and Walker should not be in the 53.

Tecklenburg wasn't on the roster in 20 and 21,  he was waived and then PS.  He only got pulled up when Paradis got hurt, played  whole 131 snaps with a 65 pff.   

I would expect PJ ends up on the PS as well.  We only started the season with 2 QB's last year and with Corral on IR, we should only carry 2 this year.

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

How many Superb Owls is that in total among your 12 examples? 

Belichick, Walsh and Knoll have how many? Wait I need to take off my shoes. All 3 needed more than 2 seasons to even have a winning record. What's your point?

Walsh and Knoll did their thing with no salary cap and a different free agency so it took time to build a team back in the day. The game has changed significantly with adjust FA rules, Salary caps, and overall rule changes. 

Belichick is the true outlier due to the fact he built a dynasty in the Salary Cap era (and the fact he won the super bowl within two years of being the HC of the Pats).

Like was also stated previously, all three you listed had NFL pedigrees and experience coaching at the pro level and gained experience under great coaches themselves.

Rhule was an assistant OL Coach for one season in the NFL and then went to college. His team also got worse from year 1 to year 2.

I want to be wrong. I really do. But I have some serious doubts that Matt Rhule is a good coach my guy.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

There are some legitimately great HC's on that list that are head and shoulders above Rhule.  Others, meh.   Some of the coaches were on their second stint as HC, others went to the playoffs without beating a single playoff team all season, one went to the playoffs with a losing record the first year.  Some went to the playoffs their first year and haven't  been back.  One went the playoffs because he landed the GOAT who proceed to get him demoted.

Apparently you were expecting playoffs last year.  Sam made sure that wasn't going to happen.

Here's to hope we make the playoffs this year, and you can then put Rhule on a list of coaches that took 3 years.

If your team doesn't show improvement in team record from year 1 to 2, especially with no winning record and no playoffs, then generally speaking historically that coach does not end up as a what some would consider a good coach.

4 hours ago, tarheelfan23 said:

This has to stop, the guy can coach. End of story.  He had some struggles to start off his NFL career, but really who doesn't?   This is his 3rd year and time to shine, just watch as he takes off and takes this team to a place we have never been.  In 5 years his name will be up there in the top 5 easy if not the best coach in the NFL.  Buckle up and get ready for a wild fun ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he can't.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If your team doesn't show improvement in team record from year 1 to 2, especially with no winning record and no playoffs, then generally speaking historically that coach does not end up as a what some would consider a good coach.

I guess. 
For us it doesn't matter what the "generally speaking historically" says.

Tepper has decided Rhule is the coach this year.  He blamed last year on CMC and Horn injuries and gave Rhule a mulligan. 

I want the Panthers to win, so I want Rhule to win.  I also believe that it's possible we can win. 

• Pie 1