• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Week 3 other games

Panthercougar68

14 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I was told willis was to slow to run in the NFL... and to raw to much of a project.. Couldn't throw.. 

Yep, I remember hearing "he gets ran down by D2 linebackers" and "he can't do that against NFL players."  However I wouldn't trust Rhule to develop him properly.  He landed in a nice spot in Nashville.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep, I remember hearing "he gets ran down by D2 linebackers" and "he can't do that against NFL players."  However I wouldn't trust Rhule to develop him properly.  He landed in a nice spot in Nashville.

Facts, everyone who said he wouldn’t be able to run on NFL defense can eat a big bag of crow.

I think one forgotten thing here is that in college, the hashmarks are much wider, essentially taking away one side of the field. In the NFL, they are much narrower and it forces NFL defenses to play the entire field. Because of this, Malik literally has the whole field in front of him as his track.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well, to be fair he did get ran down by D2 LBs. The two guys he's getting chased by in that clip rana 4.75 (#56) and a 4.67 (#41).

I liked Willis as a prospect. All I said about his running was he ain't no Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick and he's not.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, to be fair he did get ran down by D2 LBs. The two guys he's getting chased by in that clip rana 4.75 (#56) and a 4.67 (#41).

I liked Willis as a prospect. All I said about his running was he ain't no Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick and he's not.

I kind of addressed this above. The hashmarks play an important part in how he’s looking.

College hashmarks are so wide that they essentially eliminate half the field. On the other hand, NFL hashmarks are much narrower forcing defenses to cover the entire field of play.

In Malik’s 50 yard run, not one member of the secondary was seen until Malik had already picked up the first. If the Titans run a lot of outs and sideline routes then Malik will feast.

And I’ve said this before… fast kids play D2 ball too. You, like myself, are a Carolina fan and hopefully as an unbiased Carolina fan, you could tell that FAMU had plenty of fast and athletic kids on their roster last night.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah but there were posters stating he is only looking good running because he is a man among boys due to him playing for a small school.  He can legit run (obviously not Lamar or Vick), but looks like a smaller Cam in running style/ability.  People need to realize D2 athletes have also come a long way.  I mean 4.6 is normal for a NFL linebacker, if they can run a 4.4 then they are elite in terms of speed.  Shaq runs a 4.64 and is considered fast, Luke ran a 4.58 and was incredible (not on speed alone, but he could close in on the ball pretty damn fast).  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And I’ve said this before… fast kids play D2 ball too. You, like myself, are a Carolina fan and hopefully as an unbiased Carolina fan, you could tell that FAMU had plenty of fast and athletic kids on their roster last night.

They had some fast receivers.

Real talk though, it might be time to move Dre Bly into some type of special assistant/dedicated recruiter type role. He's brought in a ton of talented secondary recruits but as much as I loved him as a player he must be an awful position coach because the recruiting rankings never translate on the field. Our secondary looks completely terrible, per usual.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They had some fast receivers.

Real talk though, it might be time to move Dre Bly into some type of special assistant/dedicated recruiter type role. He's brought in a ton of talented secondary recruits but as much as I loved him as a player he must be an awful position coach because the recruiting rankings never translate on the field. Our secondary looks completely terrible, per usual.

So I actually was on IC last night and a lot of people including myself had the same thought.

Agree 100%, assistant director of recruiting or something like that would be right in his wheelhouse. He’s really able to get those kids from the 757 (Virginia Beach) because of his influence in that area, a lot of those kids have played on his field (Dre Bly Field).

In other news. Hampton and Pettaway look like the next great RB duo for Carolina and Drake Maye had one of the best performances from a first time starter that I’ve ever seen. Regardless of who they were playing he still had to make the throws and make the reads. Not sure the last time I’ve seen a Carolina QB go through his reads and spread the ball around like Maye did last night.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So I actually was on IC last night and a lot of people including myself had the same thought.

Agree 100%, assistant director of recruiting or something like that would be right in his wheelhouse. He’s really able to get those kids from the 757 (Virginia Beach) because of his influence in that area, a lot of those kids have played on his field (Dre Bly Field).

In other news. Hampton and Pettaway look like the next great RB duo for Carolina and Drake Maye had one of the best performances from a first time starter that I’ve ever seen. Regardless of who they were playing he still had to make the throws and make the reads. Not sure the last time I’ve seen a Carolina QB go through his reads and spread the ball around like Maye did last night.

Yep, Maye and the freshman RBs look like the real deal. 

I don't want to lose Bly's recruiting abilities but these kids just don't seem to be developing under his coaching.

• Pie 1