• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... about kicker and a third QB.

Proudiddy

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Santoso was okay for a time. If we found Zane we can find someone else for the time being. We definitely aren't alone amongst the rest of the NFL with kicker woes. It's been a strange few years lately.

I only know a couple of these names and can't remember if they're decent or not. Jake Verity just got cut and Jags claimed him so that's a bummer. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Welp...

Nobody saw that coming...right? 😐

What else are they supposed to say. PJ is our best option as backup QB at this point. While more talented players may be available soon they won't have a good grasp of the offense in only ~2 weeks while getting only mental reps.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Evil Hurney said:

What else are they supposed to say. PJ is our best option as backup QB at this point. While more talented players may be available soon they won't have a good grasp of the offense in only ~2 weeks while getting only mental reps.

I get that, but PJ is terrible.

We should have looked elsewhere this offseason but ya know... 😕

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, but PJ is terrible.

We should have looked elsewhere this offseason but ya know... 😕

We had plan A) Sam and plan B) Corral already. Did you want a plan C?

PJ was on the express train to cuts-ville if Sam doesn't get rolled up last night. Who would have guessed we would lose both of the guys ahead of PJ?

While it sucks, this situation is largely a fluke ... oh and PJ must have that cat in him cuz he seems to have 9 lives

Just now, La Pantera said:

They're probably hoping there will be no need to see PJ play anytime soon. Also doubt any backup would be able to pick up the playbook fast enough, to warrant a change. But that could change if Sam misses 6 games or more ..

Everyone other than the tank crowd should be hoping to NOT see PJ play. It'll be somewhat interesting to see if they bring in a 3rd QB to learn the system or if they just wait out Sam's injury. I'd have to imagine we  get a QB for the practice squad at minimum.