• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral vs the rest of the rookie field

micnificent28

lol, it's unlikely Corral amounts to much but I won't read into the other guys' preseason performances at all. I really think this draft for QBs is going to wind up like 2013's without a single good long term starter coming out of it. Maybe Pickett, just because he's in a great situation, but I think his upside is more Chiefs Alex Smith and not better than that. Willis maybe but he's a longshot. The other guys I highly doubt ever become more than backups. It was a rough draft to need a QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Do we really need to bring teammate praise into this 😂 you know how many players have praised Sam Darnold in our locker room?

No doubt Howell has looked good in the preseason, I think we can probably let his performance speak for itself.

I was specifically referring to the "baller" comment and the similarities to my previous post but I didn't think that would actually require explaining.

46 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Oh...so you both called him a "baller".  Pretty crazy stuff, my mistake.

If you're going to try to be snarky at least out some effort into it and be good at it. Go back and read the post. I wasn't even specifically referring to Howell. I was talking about Corral and his situation.

2 hours ago, t96 said:

lol, it's unlikely Corral amounts to much but I won't read into the other guys' preseason performances at all. I really think this draft for QBs is going to wind up like 2013's without a single good long term starter coming out of it. Maybe Pickett, just because he's in a great situation, but I think his upside is more Chiefs Alex Smith and not better than that. Willis maybe but he's a longshot. The other guys I highly doubt ever become more than backups. It was a rough draft to need a QB.

I mean that could be the case but early on it looks the opposite to me. This was panned as a all time horrible class. Pickett looks ready to go now. A team without an established qb I could see them starting willis today if need be. He flashed.. Rider flashed... Howell flashed.. Some other lower tier guys.. 

There is at least optimism for most these guys like oh they are better than we thought... Except..corral..

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean that could be the case but early on it looks the opposite to me. This was panned as a all time horrible class. Pickett looks ready to go now. A team without an established qb I could see them starting willis today if need be. He flashed.. Rider flashed... Howell flashed.. Some other lower tier guys.. 

There is at least optimism for most these guys like oh they are better than we thought... Except..corral..

I'm not surprised. I said the whole time that the only thing this QB class lacked was that slam dunk top of the class type prospect. I think everyone (NFL decision makers included) just got carried away with the mantra that this QB class was awful. I never saw it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, DMathematics said:

You could say that about a lot of our picks lately 

I would only say that about corral for now. I'm pleased with icky he got some pass block stuff to work on he will get there I hope. Amaro B has shown potential he could eventually fill in for our loss at Outside pash rusher. Brandon Smith looks like a player.. Hell even Barnes the speed freak from Taylor looks like a keeper. I'm ok with everyone except...

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Did a single one of these rookie QBs play any snaps against other team's starters? From my following from afar, I believe the answer to that is no but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

55 minutes ago, t96 said:

Did a single one of these rookie QBs play any snaps against other team's starters? From my following from afar, I believe the answer to that is no but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I have to day pickett did for sure and willis started like 2 games and played a lot of time in all of them. How long the other tram kept starters in is beyond me. But the point is when their number was called they answered and looked like they belonged. That's all you can ask for at this point for the rookies.

I want you flash potential... I didn't say you had to go out there day one light up the Raven's first team defense. Just show your a nfl caliber player. Give hope for the future. They did that.