• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: best & worst vs Bills

top dawg

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’m coming to the realization that our coaches/GM/FO are truly bad at player evaluations. I means it’s one thing to grab Darnold after he gets released but to trading solid picks for him when we were the only interested party. SF “was” but had already traded for pick 3 before we made the trade.

We've got so much evidence that we aren’t very good at this.

Development seems to be an issue as well

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m coming to the realization that our coaches/GM/FO are truly bad at player evaluations. I means it’s one thing to grab Darnold after he gets released but to trading solid picks for him when we were the only interested party. SF “was” but had already traded for pick 3 before we made the trade.

We've got so much evidence that we aren’t very good at this.

It's kinda time to let that go. There is an argument that acquiring Mayfield for a song and a dance made up for that. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's kinda time to let that go. There is an argument that acquiring Mayfield for a song and a dance made up for that. 

I don't think adding Mayfield makes up for that. Winning games does. 

That's the situation we are in. It's easy to nitpick and snipe at all aspects of the franchise with four straight losing seasons. 

Winning fixes all that. People will very easily forget the sins of the past when high on current success.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think adding Mayfield makes up for that. Winning games does. 

That's the situation we are in. It's easy to nitpick and snipe at all aspects of the franchise with four straight losing seasons. 

Winning fixes all that. People will very easily forget the sins of the past when high on current success.

Winning cures all, for sure; But I'm compartmentalizing. The Darnold trade was about as bad of a gamble in FA for a potential franchise QB who had showed so little during his first three years as you'll likely ever see. The Baker trade was about as low-risk and high-reward that you'll probably ever see for a potential franchise QB in FA based upon his body of work. The respective value of each trade relative to what we paid based upon body of work tells a story unto itself (before the results even play out).

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Winning cures all, for sure; But I'm compartmentalizing. The Darnold trade was about as bad of a gamble in FA for a potential franchise QB who had showed so little during his first three years as you'll likely ever see. The Baker trade was about as low-risk and high-reward that you'll probably ever see for a potential franchise QB in FA based upon his body of work. The respective value of each trade relative to what we paid based upon body of work tells a story unto itself (before the results even play out).

Yeah, that Darnold fiasco was one of those decisions that will haunt you forever as a GM. One of the biggest fleecings I have seen in a long time.

I hope we stay away from the Mims trade based on that alone. God only knows what we might give up for him.

But, after 2022 Darnold will be gone forever and we will likely have a new GM with a fairly clean slate. Remember Gettleman getting crucified for the Kalil signing? That left once he left.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that Darnold fiasco was one of those decisions that will haunt you forever as a GM. One of the biggest fleecings I have seen in a long time.

I hope we stay away from the Mims trade based on that alone. God only knows what we might give up for him.

But, after 2022 Darnold will be gone forever and we will likely have a new GM with a fairly clean slate. Remember Gettleman getting crucified for the Kalil signing? That left once he left.

I think that there's a very high likelihood that even if Rhule goes, Fitterer stays. Sure, I could be wrong, but I'd bet that he stays. He's made some good signings this year.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I think that there's a very high likelihood that even if Rhule goes, Fitterer stays. Sure, I could be wrong, but I'd bet that he stays. He's made some good signings this year.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Rhule is likely gone if he can't get at least a winning record in 2022. Remember that he is the actual GM. 

I have some misgivings about Fitterer but I am looking forward to seeing him in a traditional GM role. I hope we give him heavy input on Rhule's replacement and don't bring in another guy that we give GM control to again. I REALLY don't want to see that mistake repeated. 

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I swear when I chose to focus on Mays, he was finishing blocks by burying his man in the dirt. 

Good timing I guess. 

Same here.  Overall I think Mays has the potential to develop into a good guard and a utility lineman if push comes to shove. Hope he isn’t called on to do too much and/or too soon.  

verdict out on Brown but I think he was more of a longer term project with potential upside to begin with 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Can't really be a bust if you were a day-three draft  project to begin with. He's a dissapointment, but that's simply because some were strongly rooting for the big fella. 

Was referring to Derrick, people were quick to call him a bust because wasn’t  not dominating every game in year 2 of his development 

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 2