• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

21 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Eh, Brees didn't have any trade interest; only interest in free agency (Dolphins and Saints) and the Dolphins' medical team refused to pass him on the physical.

But I do agree with you. 🙂

How about the 2012 season where Payton was forbidden any contact with anyone in the organization and Brees still led the league in yards and TD's. Payton get credit for that too or nah?

Or how about Kerry Collins? Was he a product of Payton too considering he was the Giants' OC from 2000-2002?

LMAO, Brees had a faster 40-yd, 10-yd split, 20-yd split, 20-yd shuttle, and a higher vertical jump than Baker at their respective Combines. Only areas Baker had better was the 3-cone and broad jump.

But lets not let facts get in the way of the discussion. 😂

Good to see you posting around these parts again friend.

Welcome.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Eh, Brees didn't have any trade interest; only interest in free agency (Dolphins and Saints) and the Dolphins' medical team refused to pass him on the physical.

But I do agree with you. 🙂

How about the 2012 season where Payton was forbidden any contact with anyone in the organization and Brees still led the league in yards and TD's. Payton get credit for that too or nah?

Or how about Kerry Collins? Was he a product of Payton too considering he was the Giants' OC from 2000-2002?

LMAO, Brees had a faster 40-yd, 10-yd split, 20-yd split, 20-yd shuttle, and a higher vertical jump than Baker at their respective Combines. Only areas Baker had better was the 3-cone and broad jump.

But lets not let facts get in the way of the discussion. 😂

They forget Chargers Brees used to run the ball more, Saints Brees became a pocket assassin.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Shouldn't you be on saintsreport talking about how his second season removed from Lasic Jameis is going to ball out?

I mean I could, but it'd be much easier of a debate to have if I bring up that the reason Jameis will be a Hall of Famer is because the he's 2nd all-time in passing TD's before his 25th birthday, between Marino and Peyton Manning. And even that asinine argument is still more sound than the one this thread is about. 😂

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Good to see you posting around these parts again friend.

Welcome.

Likewise, friend! Been popping in here and there across all the rivals boards lately when I can.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

They forget Chargers Brees used to run the ball more, Saints Brees became a pocket assassin.

Exactly, the patented "Marty Ball" offense of run-run-pass-punt. 🤣

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Are you implying the Browns didn’t also run the ball more? 

No not at all. Drew Brees style of play changed from an athletic scrambler who was accurate to the all time most accurate pocket passers of all time.

Baker doesn't belong in that conversation with Brees. I know you love, love, love you some Baker,Baker,Baker but this coach under him I don't think any sustainable success is possible.

Edited by rippadonn

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No not at all. Drew Brees style of play changed from an athletic scrambler who was accurate to the all time most accurate pocket passers of all time.

Baker doesn't belong in that conversation with Brees. I know you love, love, love you some Baker,Baker,Baker but this coach under him I don't think any sustainable success is possible.

I’m just a fan of the team and he looks the most promising we have seen in a while at the position. If Corral was lighting it up I’d be just as excited. I just don’t want to watch the same horrible offense we saw last year. 

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Jameis will be a Hall of Famer

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe something is out of context here, idk. That said....

Jameis Winston will never be HoF QB based on his current body of work. That take is absolute bat poo crazy.

2/10

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Do you believe in Matt Rhule? Do you think he's capable of running a pro football team?

I think what's getting lost in the Baker,Baker,Baker argument is that many of us don't think he can or will and that any talent will be wasted by bad decision making.

I don't know if Baker will ever turn his career around, I just don't think it will be with a Matt Rhule run football team.

Yeah man. I don’t think he’s the incompetent retard some of you do. I think he’s got the ability to turn it around and I’m really hoping he does. This year is by far the most talented team he’s had top to bottom. And if he doesn’t produce, he will be gone. But damn some of y’all are just so negative it’s getting absurd. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m just a fan of the team and he looks the most promising we have seen in a while at the position. If Corral was lighting it up I’d be just as excited. I just don’t want to watch the same horrible offense we saw last year. 

I think we can all agree that he didn't get enough reps and we were cheated out of seeing this kid play behind the second or first team lines because Rhule didn't want him to. Next year. That's what they told him, even pre-camp, that's why he clarified his position, HE came to start.

I think most people here agree that Corral actually getting to compete is not what happened. See being disingenuous has it's downfalls like karma, now Sam's out (who got a lions share of full speed actual 1st/2nd team reps), so is Corral(who can't practice with the team for a whole season 😕 AND the kicker as the kicker.

This HCs plans will continue to fall apart because they're built on the weakest of foundations. To have to watch this all over again with another disposable, blame able and former hope and dream of another town every season. Another one.

Maybe my displeasure comes off as Baker hate but it isn't. I hate that the Panthers can't finally draft a rookie QB to be the final piece of this grand Tepper rebuild.

It's maddening but I'm not mad at Teddy/Sam/Cam/Sam/Baker it's the absolute refusal of a "QB guru" to develop a rookie QB for the Carolina Panthers like we don't deserve the pride and joy or disappointment that comes with that journey.

We hit the jackpot with Cam. We potentially hit the jackpot with Corral but he was pre-redshirted before camp because his name wasn't Kenny Pickett. Petty Rhule is petty, nothing new. 

This rookie, everything he did, should have at least got a chance. He was micromanaged off the field as originally planned by Rhule pre-camp.

57 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I mean I could, but it'd be much easier of a debate to have if I bring up that the reason Jameis will be a Hall of Famer is because the he's 2nd all-time in passing TD's before his 25th birthday, between Marino and Peyton Manning. And even that asinine argument is still more sound than the one this thread is about. 😂

Likewise, friend! Been popping in here and there across all the rivals boards lately when I can.

Exactly, the patented "Marty Ball" offense of run-run-pass-punt. 🤣

He threw 30 interceptions the last full season he played. Get the fug outta here. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe something is out of context here, idk. That said....

Jameis Winston will never be HoF QB based on his current body of work. That take is absolute bat poo crazy.

2/10

I cannot believe someone, in the year of our lord 2022, actually said with a straight face than Jameis motherfuging Winston is going to be a Hall of Famer. Put the pipe down homie, holy poo

• Pie 2