• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official cut day thread !

Zod

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah pretty much Kemoko Turay at edge and then a few decent DT's. We're 6th in line on waiver claims though so good chance we can get at least 1 guy if we want

Looking him up now, yea i did see better DTs.....but i thought a few edge guys would hit the market...

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Wow, I thought his injury was a 3-4 week recovery...

Dang! We finally looked like we had a good kicker and he gets hurt kicking into a net in pre-season for the whole season. That sucks. Poor guy.

Now we have to get lucky again. Kickers are important and especially if a team hopes for a playoff run which they all do before you start. I'm watching.

Cat Watching GIF

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Hasson Reddick. Was that too fast? We’ll miss him but Rhule’s why he came and he played well.

It’s funny too because you still don’t get that I don’t like Rhule, do you?

I get it, and yet you blame Fitterer for any and all moves you don't like as if he and Rhule we're basically one and the same.

The inner workings of an NFL team are waaaaayyy more complicated than that.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

OMG, you really don’t get it, do you? Your own post to me listed a bunch of moves and every good one you assigned to Fittere and every bad one you assigned to Rhule. You said that right after you said all decisions went through Rhule.

DJ Moore extension must have been Fitt because everyone congratulated him but you said Robby extension was all Rhule. See how that works?

You assign a good move involving a former Rhule college player to Rhule, but a bad move with one to Fitterer.

You're doing the very thing you accuse others of doing.

Just now, stbugs said:

SMH, just stopped responding. I’m not blaming Fitt for everything. JFC, all I’ve said is Rhule isn’t responsible for everything bad. You asked for something Rhule was responsible for and I answered. I then gave you the example where Fitt was universally lauded for one WR extension and you blamed Rhule for the other one. You are cherry picking because you like Fitt. I am not cherry picking, just saying Rhule <> every bad move, of which we’ve made a ton. I think Rhule and Fitt share in a lot of poo decisions and yes, the inner workings of NFL teams are complicated hence my annoyance at the simplistic blame Rhule for everything bad which is a pretty universal thought and you’ve demonstrated that well.

Here's the thing...

Rhule is bad at his primary job (coaching).

He's been, by his own statements and those of others, heavily involved in the quarterback decisions (which to date have been terrible).

His other talent evaluation task, choosing assistant coaches, has gone poorly.

And, as mentioned, he has final say over everything.

People genuinely have little to no reason to have positive feelings about him.

Fitterer, though? There's been the way he ran the draft, getting trades for guys we didn't expect, the presence of Dan Morgan, hell just sounding like he actually has a clue when he talks...and other things as well.

Believing that Fitterer and Morgan could be successful if divorced from Rhule is not exactly a difficult thing.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get the curiosity, but he's legitimately kind of a bust.

(not that Ian Thomas is anything special)

Oh, I get he's not first round talent any longer, but have you looked at our TE room?  Thomas-->blocker, Tremble--> blocker, Sullivan--> work in progress.  It wouldn't kill us to bring in a TE that is more WR than FB.

Edited by 45catfan