• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

More and more mocks have Stroud as the 3rd qb off the board and being picked at 5th or 6th. With Bryce’s small size and Levis’ mediocre season one would think CJ’s performance against Georgia would move him up and not down. But every year, NFL scouts swarm the bowl games and let trickle out nuggets of information about how they really see certain players and mocks always adjust in January. Still I think Stroud is the best of the bunch.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Murph said:

More and more mocks have Stroud as the 3rd qb off the board and being picked at 5th or 6th. With Bryce’s small size and Levis’ mediocre season one would think CJ’s performance against Georgia would move him up and not down. But every year, NFL scouts swarm the bowl games and let trickle out nuggets of information about how they really see certain players and mocks always adjust in January. Still I think Stroud is the best of the bunch.

A scenario I keep thinking of is Fitt dealing with his old office.

Swap w/Seattle to get ahead of ATL, Vegas, & DET...assure ourselves Stroud.  That may not even cost a future 1st.  That could be SF's 2nd, our 2024 2nd, and some extras.  The two seconds would easily be ahead of the ~350 pt trade value from 9 to 5 at ~550 total.

HOU or IND have the path for the Pick 1 trade so could see 1-4 as Young, Carter, Levis, & Anderson in no particular order.  Stroud is there at #5.  SEA may eye one of the DEs and could still land Wilson or Murphy at pick 9.  

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Swap w/Seattle to get ahead of ATL, Vegas, & DET...assure ourselves Stroud.  That may not even cost a future 1st.  That could be SF's 2nd, our 2024 2nd, and some extras.  The two seconds would easily be ahead of the ~350 pt trade value from 9 to 5 at ~550 total.

HOU or IND have the path for the Pick 1 trade so could see 1-4 as Young, Carter, Levis, & Anderson in no particular order.  Stroud is there at #5.  SEA may eye one of the DEs and could still land Wilson or Murphy at pick 9.  

Sounds great to me, but Stroud realistically could be gone by then. I’m not sure if we should move up for Levis or just let AR fall to us?

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sounds great to me, but Stroud realistically could be gone by then. I’m not sure if we should move up for Levis or just let AR fall to us?

Trading up has to be for a specific guy, not to just pick leftovers. So moving up would be day-of, scenario dependent.   I personally wouldn't trade up for Levis or AR but can see otherwise if our new HC and Scott are enamored.  

Buuut I also think Levis is only gaining traction from here on out.  And he's still perceived as this high pick after his meh season, he's going to rise to QB1 or 2 (not that I'm a huge fan or anything).

If Stroud is QB1 or 2, I'd like to think we'd be ALL OVER a call to AZ. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I had the exact same thought. This might be our best chance to not overpay but still get our QB (Stroud).

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember when the NFL let another elite OSU QB prospect slide because who knows why? I wouldn't mind to see that happen again. Just actually fuging draft him this time around if it happens again.

I heard Stroud doesn’t know how to read a defense and hates the game of football. I’m hitting up Twitter with this news.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Trading up has to be for a specific guy, not to just pick leftovers. So moving up would be day-of, scenario dependent.   I personally wouldn't trade up for Levis or AR but can see otherwise if our new HC and Scott are enamored.  

Buuut I also think Levis is only gaining traction from here on out.  And he's still perceived as this high pick after his meh season, he's going to rise to QB1 or 2 (not that I'm a huge fan or anything).

If Stroud is QB1 or 2, I'd like to think we'd be ALL OVER a call to AZ. 

I agree 100%. Moving from 9 to 3 shouldn’t break the bank and Arizona doesn’t need a QB. I saw where AZ is trying to move DHop, makes we wonder if we could work him into the trade. Probably overpriced, but something to think about…

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember when the NFL let another elite OSU QB prospect slide because who knows why? I wouldn't mind to see that happen again. Just actually fuging draft him this time around if it happens again.

And some people think Chicago should trade Fields and draft a qb. He led them to the worst record in the NFL.  I think Chicago trades the 1 pick for a team to take a qb and Houston takes a qb and we are left w/ Levis in that scenario.  

15 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

And some people think Chicago should trade Fields and draft a qb. He led them to the worst record in the NFL.  I think Chicago trades the 1 pick for a team to take a qb and Houston takes a qb and we are left w/ Levis in that scenario.  

That roster, particularly on offense is atrocious. I think they should put #1 on the block and sell it off to the highest bidder for the most assets they can get. That is unless they think a QB in the draft is significantly better than Fields in which case they should put Fields in the block instead. The latter would be a huge risk though. Fields has shown promise and the near universal consensus is that you should go all in on building a team around him. So if you trade him and draft another QB you damn well better be right because if he flourishes elsewhere while your new QB flounders... oh wee mayne.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That roster, particularly on offense is atrocious. I think they should put #1 on the block and sell it off to the highest bidder for the most assets they can get. That is unless they think a QB in the draft is significantly better than Fields in which case they should put Fields in the block instead. The latter would be a huge risk though. Fields has shown promise and the near universal consensus is that you should go all in on building a team around him. So if you trade him and draft another QB you damn well better be right because if he flourishes elsewhere while your new QB flounders... oh wee mayne.

If they are dumb enough to put Fields on the block, I hope we are talking to them. Fields for pick 9 is a no brainer to me.

• Pie 1