• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I wouldn’t mind him at all. I think the concerns are level of competition and the offensive system he runs. He seems like a good leader that does everything well. 

Competition or not his accuracy is absurd.   I was flipping back and forth between his game and clemson and the kid has moxie.  Some of his throws were really good.  He knows how to adjust his arm angle to keep it out of the defenders zone.  The only thing that sortof concerns me is he hasnt shown me yet he has that zip fastball pass. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Competition or not his accuracy is absurd.   I was flipping back and forth between his game and clemson and the kid has moxie.  Some of his throws were really good.  He knows how to adjust his arm angle to keep it out of the defenders zone.  The only thing that sortof concerns me is he hasnt shown me yet he has that zip fastball pass. 

McCall's only knocks for me are his size (build; height is okay) and doesn't have the biggest arm.  Otherwise he has exactly what you want in a QB: smart, has moxy, able to read defenses, multiple throwing angles, able to hit tight windows, mobile (not a running QB though) and a leader.

It's really probably Stroud or Young right now and that's it.  If Fitterer hangs around he may still prescribe to the build the team and just eventually drop a QB into it anyway (he's said as much before).

Too many turnovers from Levis reminds me of Darnold so I'd be waiting late into Day 2 not the early to mid Rd 1 he's currently talked about. He an older prospect as well.

McCall's offensive scheme makes it almost impossible to judge him.  That's similar to Corral so I'd take Corral's arm talent.  Could think to grab McCall on Day 3 if he comes out but he's being talked about as an early Rd 2 guy currently.

Richardson might have tools but no liking his play so far or the supposed mid to late Rd 1 he's being talked about as.

Haven't watch the Arkansas or Wash St QBs.  Haven't watched Van Dyke closely either but he almost lost his starting job.

I like what I've seen so far from Hall and Penix but are both older prospects.  Someone needs to talk to BYU's QB coach btw.

Hooker is older too and runs a weird offense.  McKee has an arm but cant move, not something that's successful in today's NFL.

Maybe the Fresno St QB as they have fallen off the cliff without him, but might not see him again this season.