• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Daviyon Nixon

Zod

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ellis is a huge Rhule hater. Everything he posts has that slant, doesn’t mean he’s not good at what he does but he’s going to take Nixon’s side subconsciously. So do you. No one in their right mind had Nixon as a potential starter. I watched the preseason games, did you?

Again, I love your misdirections. Do you have anything that shows his great play? I saw Hoskins last year look good in a fraction of snaps. I distinctly recall his sack. I distinctly recall McCall looking great in preseason and multiple people saying his performance could earn him a spot. What did Nixon do that was better? It’s a simple ask and you can feel free to say you got your opinion from them and don’t have anything else. I mean for a guy with a half sack, no TFLs and 1 solo tackle in 7 games last year, you’d think you’d be able to point out why you thought he was “decent.”

One last note. You can say DTs don’t rack up stats if they are Star and are drawing double teams playing the more NT. You don’t say that about Short types and Nixon was not a Star type so his lack of stats is concerning. Dude’s a 5th rounder and we are acting like this was a huge mistake when he’s already back on our PS. I guess the other 31 teams weren’t foaming at the mouth for his “decent” play. 

John Ellis (@1PantherPlace) / Twitter

image.jpeg.899e666a724e9b3436cfc0415219ad9d.jpeg

John Ellis – One Panther Place

47 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ellis is a huge Rhule hater. Everything he posts has that slant, doesn’t mean he’s not good at what he does but he’s going to take Nixon’s side subconsciously. So do you. No one in their right mind had Nixon as a potential starter. I watched the preseason games, did you?

Again, I love your misdirections. Do you have anything that shows his great play? I saw Hoskins last year look good in a fraction of snaps. I distinctly recall his sack. I distinctly recall McCall looking great in preseason and multiple people saying his performance could earn him a spot. What did Nixon do that was better? It’s a simple ask and you can feel free to say you got your opinion from them and don’t have anything else. I mean for a guy with a half sack, no TFLs and 1 solo tackle in 7 games last year, you’d think you’d be able to point out why you thought he was “decent.”

One last note. You can say DTs don’t rack up stats if they are Star and are drawing double teams playing the more NT. You don’t say that about Short types and Nixon was not a Star type so his lack of stats is concerning. Dude’s a 5th rounder and we are acting like this was a huge mistake when he’s already back on our PS. I guess the other 31 teams weren’t foaming at the mouth for his “decent” play. 

Guess John's "not in his right mind", huh?

(thanks for being predictable)

2 hours ago, coffee said:

Are you sure?

"Kindness in women, not their beauteous looks, shall win my love."

"Though she be but little, she is fierce."

"For which of my bad parts didst thou first fall in love with me?"

"Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows."

I think Watson's lines would be more like "Shalt thee, fair maiden with dainty fingers, knead my muscular buttocks till my manhood be engorged? Deny thy consultations with those who might judge me and seek to stop my employer from becoming guarantor of my enormous fortune!"

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

I hoped he would work out. He still could. He was a mid/late round pick.

When they asked the guest analyst on wfnz this afternoon if he was shocked to see Nixon cut he pretty simply said no.

It's really unlikely he is going to work out after being out on the PS. Not impossible but very improbable. 

Maybe with another team at some point but that also doesn't seem very likely now.

10 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I guess she isn't much of an "insider" after all considering it's been discussed ad naseum by those hacks Mac and Bone about his off-field issues.

Pretty sure she just has one source that isn't even with the Panthers, IIRC. 

People give way too much credit and way too much blame to her for the info she posts. It's interesting to hear her rumor mill info, IMO. I just don't take it as the gospel because it's just one source.

That's just her opinion on Nixon which is just as valid as anyone else's. That doesn't need any source.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. As usual, you don’t answer questions. Do you think for yourself or are you solely a mouth piece for talking heads?

If Nixon was so solid, how did a 2021 5th round pick at a premium position role right through waivers?

Love you acting like John Ellis couldn’t possibly be wrong, that is so you. I’m OK with the other two as both have had their moments whereas again, I haven’t seen anything from Nixon that says starter. Luckily for me, I have my own opinion and 31 other NFL teams appear to have agreed with me.

Will you ever answer the question about what you have seen that makes you think Nixon shouldn’t have been released? 

I have my own opinion, and have expressed it, despite what you say.

As far as John, sure he could be wrong, but let's just say I have more confidence in his opinion than I do yours.

Doubt I'm alone on that either.

I'll await your response. Proportions being what they have been, this next one should go a good eight paragraphs (at least).