• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Daviyon Nixon

Zod

From The Athletic...

the Panthers cut defensive tackle Daviyon Nixon, a 2021 fifth-round pick who had a season-ending knee surgery as a rookie. It seemed like a quick hook for a guy who was the Big Ten’s defensive player of the year in 2020.

But with six defensive tackles on the roster, someone had to go. And the Panthers valued undrafted rookie Marquan McCall and 2021 seventh-rounder Phil Hoskins over Nixon.

“You have to make tough decisions,” Rhule said. “Daviyon’s obviously a person we drafted, had the tough injury last year. Coming into this year, we couldn’t go in with that many defensive linemen. We’ve been happy with McCall and Hoskins.”

So apparently Rhule likes some of the undrafted guys more than Nixon. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

They drafted a player, he got injured and he can't even get a practice squad spot after one year? Then amongst each other they feel he didn't have the skill to play NFL Football. And he was cut to keep Hoskins? Make it make sense. 

He probably has a shitty work ethic and/or personality and this was the polite way of putting it

A lot of these kids have no idea how to work or act in a professional setting, just because they are in the NFL doesn't mean they are suddenly mature. Watch any season of hard knocks and you'll see players that don't get it, at all. 

It's simple... Nixon got outworked by McCall and Hoskins, no need to keep the dead weight for a backup player

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 7

31 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

This scene contradicts an earlier scene when he struggled to read the word "The".  Remember, T--tuh--th-- The!  Yet he reads this headline quickly.  I hope that ruins the movie for some of you--that is what I do.

I am "That Guy"

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

20 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

They drafted a player, he got injured and he can't even get a practice squad spot after one year? Then amongst each other they feel he didn't have the skill to play NFL Football. And he was cut to keep Hoskins? Make it make sense. 

It makes sense if you watched the games.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This scene contradicts an earlier scene when he struggled to read the word "The".  Remember, T--tuh--th-- The!  Yet he reads this headline quickly.  I hope that ruins the movie for some of you--that is what I do.

I am "That Guy"

Great summary.  Now do Hamlet.  😉