• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've got a Panthers believer

Peon Awesome

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

What is this 'Matt Rhule tends to have a big jump in Year 3' BS that continues to perpetuate? His biggest jumps have come from years 1 to 2 (while at Baylor), and otherwise his team continued on whatever trajectory they were on from Year 1 to Year 2.

That was a huge part in why I lost faith in this team last year and why I have none this year. 

10 minutes ago, Ezrider1423 said:

You obviously have to have some faith otherwise you wouldn’t be here 

I'm here because I'm not ready to completely give up yet. I'm hoping that they can turn it around. If they don't then I'm probably gone....at least until Rhule is gone. I don't know. I've got a lot of other stuff going on that's been more interesting than the Panthers so I'd probably just put more energy into other stuff. Panthers is only a part of my life that's been becoming less and less a part of it because they seem to be stuck and I'm tired of waiting around for them to figure it out.

12 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Are we really happy with being the 7th seed in the playoffs, getting killed game 1 and then running it back with Matt Rhule and a more expensive Baker Mayfield...... I think thats the worst case scenario. 

So what would make you happy? 2-15 and start all over? Your such a tool! Some of us don’t care who is coaching and playing QB if we are winning. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, scratched said:

So what would make you happy? 2-15 and start all over? Your such a tool! Some of us don’t care who is coaching and playing QB if we are winning. 

Some of y'all don't care about winning a super bowl and love mediocrity and what exactly are you winning? 

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, scratched said:

You didn’t answer my question. 

Yes, I would if we got one of these stud QBs in the 2023 class to build around and would have 10xs the salary and had our first choice at a new coach.... Mediocrity is very hard to get out of. Look at the hornets. Now answer my question: Can Baker Mayfield/Rhule win you the NFC or a super bowl?

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm here because I'm not ready to completely give up yet. I'm hoping that they can turn it around. If they don't then I'm probably gone....at least until Rhule is gone. I don't know. I've got a lot of other stuff going on that's been more interesting than the Panthers so I'd probably just put more energy into other stuff. Panthers is only a part of my life that's been becoming less and less a part of it because they seem to be stuck and I'm tired of waiting around for them to figure it out.

I can understand that. I don’t live or die with them anymore.  I’m still a diehard fan and always will be… but I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a lot easier to expect nothing.. if they win, great, that’s a plus.  I’ll enjoy my Sunday.. if they don’t play well and lose, I’ll focus my attention on other things; and still enjoy my Sunday.  I won’t be upset all week until the following Sunday like I used to be 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ezrider1423 said:

I can understand that. I don’t live or die with them anymore.  I’m still a diehard fan and always will be… but I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a lot easier to expect nothing.. if they win, great, that’s a plus.  I’ll enjoy my Sunday.. if they don’t play well and lose, I’ll focus my attention on other things; and still enjoy my Sunday.  I won’t be upset all week until the following Sunday like I used to be 

I'm not even upset anymore if I miss a game and it happens to be a good one. I'll watch the replay but I don't plan my Sundays around the game during football season anymore. If I get to watch it, cool, but we've lost so often the last several years I'm just not that upset anymore. I basically just don't care much anymore. My involvement in here makes it seem like I'm more interested than what I am.

I mean I do think that Rhule is bad and that he's gonna hold back the team while he's here, but I know he's not going anywhere so I'm just kind of like...   

The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

26 minutes ago, onmyown said:

so because Rhule made decisions that resulted horrendous coaching (including himself) and qb and oline play to go downhill, those things actually aren’t his fault and we actually improved despite losing even more games year two????

rhule…that u?

It's way easier to win with a coach who makes poor roster decisions than with a coach who doesn't know how to coach.  All you have to do is take the unilateral roster management out of his hands, or at least institute some roster oversight, which we seem to have with Fitterer and Morgan now.  I'd say Rhule mostly falls in the former category of a coach who has been a victim of his own terrible personnel decisions - Sam Darnold, Joe Brady, etc.  I think it's still TBD whether Rhule can actually coach or not, since the aforementioned terrible roster decisions have been so overpowering that it makes the coaching aspect more difficult to evaluate.  I'll feel comfortable making a decision one way or another by mid-way through this season.  There are no excuses this year - either produce or GTFO.

• Pie 1