• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Refs screwed us

gorillamilitia13

2 hours ago, frankw said:

If you're going to just casually remove the rest of my post addressing our very familiar ineptitude in the first half which directly contributed to us having to rely on sitting on a tiny lead at home then you are beyond help.

This is a thread on if the refs screwed us.

Are you saying the refs didn't screw us?  Because you are spending a lot of time fluffing the refs.

Just now, poundaway said:

This is a thread on if the refs screwed us.

Are you saying the refs didn't screw us?  Because you are spending a lot of time fluffing the refs.

We'll see how much the refs matter against Daboll and the Giants. Our defensive line and our secondary did not fare well against the Browns. It won't go much better against NY. It's a damn shame too because we have put a hell of a lot of resources into that side of the ball. But yeah keep raging about the refs I guess they sabotaged our gameplan and made us start sloppy and unprepared too.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We'll see how much the refs matter against Daboll and the Giants. Our defensive line and our secondary did not fare well against the Browns. It won't go much better against NY. It's a damn shame too because we have put a hell of a lot of resources into that side of the ball. But yeah keep raging about the refs I guess they sabotaged our gameplan and made us start sloppy and unprepared too.

I can't understand you with your mouth muffled by the ref's ass cheeks.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I can understand people thinking this is a non issue if they occurred in the 3rd.  But on the final drive which directly affects the outcome of the game, it's a big deal. 

Did the coaches call a good game? No.  Did we play like poo the first half? Yes.  Would we have won if those things weren't true? Probably.  Would we have won if the correct calls were made in the final drive? Yes.  

THIS

We played bad for half the game or more.  This is something everyone agrees on.  That isn't debatable.  However, we came back and made it a game and IMO it's not really debatable that the refs did effect the outcome of this game.  They pretty much lost it for us.  The roughing the passer call and the no-call on the grounding is huge.  The field goal was already a massive kick and those two penalties probably make it very unlikely they win.   

Those that say the refs didn't do these things are harboring some serious Stockholm syndrome for the NFL.  I think this is why refs continue to be terrible and nothing happens.  If we let two serious outrageous calls just slide nothing will change.  Regardless of if the bad calls were on purpose or not, they lost us this game.  It doesn't matter if we played bad, we came back and should have won it.  It's just kind of insane to make excuses for the poor officiating.  More and more we are seeing officiating dictating outcomes of games and it's really messing up the quality of the game.  The wrestling comparisons are pretty on point at times except you know about it there.

Edited by Zaximus
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I can understand people thinking this is a non issue if they occurred in the 3rd.  But on the final drive which directly affects the outcome of the game, it's a big deal. 

Did the coaches call a good game? No.  Did we play like poo the first half? Yes.  Would we have won if those things weren't true? Probably.  Would we have won if the correct calls were made in the final drive? Yes.  

This is my mentality as well.  We sucked until the 4th, but did enough to win and the refs directly impacted the outcome of the game.  He literally turned his mic on to explain what happened and chose to make the wrong call.  Heartbreaking.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1