• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule disappointed, not discouraged by opening loss

WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, Vox said:

Question. Does anyone know the best coach Matt Rhule has "beaten"? This clown was 0-7 against coaches fired last year. It's absolutely embarassing.

Looking over his 10 wins, I'd say its either Sean Payton when the Saints had a lot of people out, or Ron Rivera near the end of 2020 that messed up our draft position.

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This is Sean McVay after getting killed by the Bills:

Nathaniel Hackett after losing to Seattle:

Notice what's different about them and what Matt Rhule says?

rivera never did this either..at least not until near the end but you know it was forced. and rivera was pretty much fox 2.0

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Looking over his 10 wins, I'd say its either Sean Payton when the Saints had a lot of people out, or Ron Rivera near the end of 2020 that messed up our draft position.

So the COVID ravaged Saints with multiple players and coaches out and Ron Rivera who was starting Dwayne Haskins. I just don't have any faith in this dude. Even if he manages to get us to the playoffs given a miracle who actually think he will be able to outcoach playoff caliber teams and coaches?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

McVay knows what he's doing.  But there's nothing that Hackett could say after last night's display that would make me feel better about him.

That kind of game management is enough to make you sick to your stomach if you're a Broncos fan.

Hackett flubbed up the end game for sure, but I mostly chalk that up to a learning experience for a rookie HC. I just like that he took responsibility for his teams failures. I can't remember ever hearing our coach do that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Hackett flubbed up the end game for sure, but I mostly chalk that up to a learning experience for a rookie HC. I just like that he took responsibility for his teams failures. I can't remember ever hearing our coach do that.

I'm overreacting for sure (I mean what else is there to do after week 1?).  But he gives me vibes of a guy that's in over his head.

I'll listen to "missed opportunities" or "it is what it is" every week if we're winning.

• Pie 1

Just now, trueblade said:

It's possible, but I was a big believer in Hackett. I wanted him if we got rid of Rhule, so I'm more than willing to give him more time so I can feel better about my evaluation of him.

Just about every coach I've wanted the Panthers to hire has turned out to be a huge dud.  For me, this goes back to Steve Spurrier taking the Washington job, and us getting stuck with John Fox.  Turned out a lot better for us.

It's like QBs.  You just never know until they get out there and show what they can do.  It's like a roll of the dice.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Vox said:

So the COVID ravaged Saints with multiple players and coaches out and Ron Rivera who was starting Dwayne Haskins. I just don't have any faith in this dude. Even if he manages to get us to the playoffs given a miracle who actually think he will be able to outcoach playoff caliber teams and coaches?

He has beaten Kliff Kingsbury twice - Kingsbury is in the same boat as Ruhle. Destined to be back in college by Thanksgiving. Another guy who shoulda stayed in his lane. 

19 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He has beaten Kliff Kingsbury twice - Kingsbury is in the same boat as Ruhle. Destined to be back in college by Thanksgiving. Another guy who shoulda stayed in his lane. 

Didn't he just get an extension though?

(the Bidwills aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer either)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1