• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great offensive breakdown

TheCasillas

38 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

damn it damn it damn it. That Browns defense got so lucky against us. We missed so many TD plays. We should have a had a 40 burger on them. I really hope Baker and the coaching staff seee what we all see in these videos. The opportunities are there!

Baker has had a habit of missing open receivers in the past…

I really hope DJ doesn’t become his new OBJ

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Baker has had a habit of missing open receivers in the past…

I really hope DJ doesn’t become his new OBJ

yea me too. That video shows some pretty egregious plays tho.  I watched it earlier this year when we were talking about acquiring Baker. There are some plays that do leave you scratching  your head while others you are like "yeah okay mr content creator.... 🙄"

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

46 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

damn it damn it damn it. That Browns defense got so lucky against us. We missed so many TD plays. We should have a had a 40 burger on them. I really hope Baker and the coaching staff seee what we all see in these videos. The opportunities are there!

The real question then becomes, will reps help this, or is this just who Baker is?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

If Brady C plays like he did week 1, he will be a pro bowler this year. He was an absolute beast on Sunday. 

He looked solid as hell out there. Some of the rageaholics in here were saying he wasn't strong enough to be a guard, but uh... dude looked like the best OL not named Moton (who had his share of struggles with Clowney, but he also had his successes as well!)

• Pie 1

Good job, TheCasillas

The OL is probably the most encouraging part of our team right now.  A lot of people were (stupidly) declaring Ickey a bust because MG was a mad man, but MG is pretty much always a mad man.  It was his first game against a beast....what did we think was going to happen?  And let's face it: our OL has not been a source of encouragement for a loooong time.

A lot of us have been hoping Shi would step up.  Let's hope they use him.

We know Mayfield works well with play action, yet we did little to set that up.  That is game planning.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Good job, TheCasillas

The OL is probably the most encouraging part of our team right now.  A lot of people were (stupidly) declaring Ickey a bust because MG was a mad man, but MG is pretty much always a mad man.  It was his first game against a beast....what did we think was going to happen?  And let's face it: our OL has not been a source of encouragement for a loooong time.

A lot of us have been hoping Shi would step up.  Let's hope they use him.

We know Mayfield works well with play action, yet we did little to set that up.  That is game planning.

its funny bc we ran a lot of play action plays, the Browns just didnt bite. It's possible its due to the fact we just didnt hand it off much, ha. My only defending statement there is that most of the botched snaps were running plays. So that was 3-5 less run plays we were able to run.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You have been on fire lately.  There aren't many times my opinions change about something in the game, but you have done it several times lately.  Always nonbiased and pure analytical without any name calling or talking down to anyone.  Keep up the good work!  

You do realize he will probably be driven off the board and maybe the entire internet for that approach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, Icege said:

1st play of the game where Clowney deflected the pass to Robbie happened because of one of Elflein's "positive" plays where he knocked the DT Corbett was engaged with over into the back of Moton's legs.

Kind Of Reaction GIF by Bounce

Im not sure knocking over a defensive player should ever be declared a negative play. It didnt help Moton, but Elf's job there is to hit the closest man since he didnt have anyone in front of him. He knocked over the DT and the DT fell over into Clowney and Moton. 

I cant think of what else you would ask of Elf in that situation...

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Does somebody need to point out to Monty that Clowney has Moton in Baker's lap during the throw and was what forced Baker to get it out?

Don't get me wrong, bad throw, but how are we going to say that he came off of DJ too early when Clowney's got a paw in his face?