• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's totally normal for a guy to look like he's being tazed after a run of the mill NFL tackle. Oh, that same guy wobbled around like someone pulled over blowing three times the limit on a Saturday night during the game 4 days ago and they called it a "back injury"? 😂

You stated earlier that his head was whiplashed into the truck tonight. That alone could cause a head injury and reaction we all saw. However, everyone is acting like this could not have happened without a prior concussion. I don’t believe that to be the case. 

No one but those inside the organization and the NFL’s neurologist know what happened with Tua last week. As a boxing/MMA fan, I’m sure you’ve seen a guy get his bell rung with wobbly legs come back to win a fight and be completely cognizant in post fight interviews. 

I don’t buy the back injury piece, but I’m not aware of any scientific articles saying every hit to the head, even a hard hit, causes a concussion. 

The NFLPA requested an investigation into the handling of Tua. I’ll just wait until those findings come out to make statements asserting that the Dolphins covered something up. 

9 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

You stated earlier that his head was whiplashed into the truck tonight. That alone could cause a head injury and reaction we all saw. However, everyone is acting like this could not have happened without a prior concussion. I don’t believe that to be the case. 

No one but those inside the organization and the NFL’s neurologist know what happened with Tua last week. As a boxing/MMA fan, I’m sure you’ve seen a guy get his bell rung with wobbly legs come back to win a fight and be completely cognizant in post fight interviews. 

I don’t buy the back injury piece, but I’m not aware of any scientific articles saying every hit to the head, even a hard hit, causes a concussion. 

The NFLPA requested an investigation into the handling of Tua. I’ll just wait until those findings come out to make statements asserting that the Dolphins covered something up. 

Regardless of the hit last night, it looks like a clear cut violation of the NFL's policy.  If a player loses their balance after a hit like Tua did in the previous game, they're supposed to be done for the rest of the game.

We don't know if that hit made him more susceptible to last night's, but they definitely broke the rules.  These guys have to be protected from themselves.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Regardless of the hit last night, it looks like a clear cut violation of the NFL's policy.  If a player loses their balance after a hit like Tua did in the previous game, they're supposed to be done for the rest of the game.

We don't know if that hit made him more susceptible to last night's, but they definitely broke the rules.  These guys have to be protected from themselves.

They're not supposed to be done for the rest of the game. They are supposed to be checked, through a series of tests, for a concussion. The Dolphins supposedly did that with Tua last week, and he cleared the checks. Those checks also include an NFL neurologist unaffiliated with the team. 

9 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Teddy's just not good enough to win even if he was surrounded with the best talent.  

Don't know if I agree.  I certainly think Teddy is probably as good as Nick Foles, and he won a Superbowl with a great supporting cast.  I am not sure the Dolphins have enough talent to win with Teddy.  And we certainly didn't.  

6 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

They're not supposed to be done for the rest of the game. They are supposed to be checked, through a series of tests, for a concussion. The Dolphins supposedly did that with Tua last week, and he cleared the checks. Those checks also include an NFL neurologist unaffiliated with the team. 

From the NFL protocol

• Required an evaluation for all players demonstrating gross motor instability (e.g., stumbling or falling to the ground when trying to stand) to determine the cause of the instability. If the team physician, in consultation with the sideline UNC, determines the instability to be neurologically caused, the player is designated a “No-Go” and may not return to play.

So unless you really think it was back injury, they violated the protocol.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’ll be honest, I’d rather have an elite QB in our case. We don’t have Miami’s talent. Waddle and Hill are better WRs by far than DJ. Gesicki is way better than any TEs we have. Teddy has way, way more talent around him right now so he’s going to look good. Teddy on this team might be 3-0 but that’s against Brissett, Jones and Winston. Sam was 3-0 against Mills, Wilson and Winston. Teddy was 3-2 with us before a great 1-9 finish for him.

Give me an elite QB all day. We can always fire Rhule later.

Look at NE. The Pats OL and D are pretty solid but since Brady left, the Pats are 18-18. We can find a better staff than Rhule by hitting the broadside of a barn with a football from 5 yards away, assuming Hackenburg isn’t throwing the ball.

I agree if you're talking overall organization and future. Yeah, take the elite QB and try to find the coach later. My response was crafted around the assumption that you're stuck in a particular situation. If I'm stuck, I take the elite coach with the decent QB over the elite coach and the imbecile HC.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree if you're talking overall organization and future. Yeah, take the elite QB and try to find the coach later. My response was crafted around the assumption that you're stuck in a particular situation. If I'm stuck, I take the elite coach with the decent QB over the elite coach and the imbecile HC.

I lean your direction on this you want an elite coach to develope an elite QB...

A QB alone doesn't win just look at Watsons pre massage gate... 

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

I propose a mandatory eight day wait period for any player who has to go through concussion protocol 

I don't agree with this. If they pass and don't have a concussion then let them play. You'd have players even less likely than they are currently to disclose symptoms.

But confirmed concussions need a mandatory timeout, not just until they pass the protocol. Standard practice in combat sports is generally a 45 day medical suspension with no contact following a KO/TKO loss and it can be longer if it's a particularly bad one. 

• Beer 1