• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Tepper keep Fitt and let him hire his own coach?

NAS

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There's only 32 of these jobs in the world. Even if it's not the best situation, you still don't turn down the opportunity because you don't know when you'll get another. 

The other side of that coin...

Why would you risk perhaps your only shot at one of those jobs in a role where you don't actually have traditional GM powers? Flop and you may never get another chance.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The other side of that coin...

Why would you risk perhaps your only shot at one of those jobs in a role where you don't actually have traditional GM powers? Flop and you may never get another chance.

True, but I think you have to take that chance. Seattle is a shitshow. If he had stayed, no one is hiring him out of that situation now. If you look at what he's done since he got here, he's gotten pieces. He's acquired pieces according to what his coaches philosophy is. He's done some good things in the draft, but obviously some could have been better. Overall, to judge Fitt that poorly to fire him, you have to look at him and say this team is in a bad situation because of what he's done as a GM and I just don't think you can make that call.

The laughing stock that is the Carolina Panthers sits on Matt Rhule's shoulders. I seriously can't think of another coach 3 years in the league who's put his team in a worse position to succeed. It's purely speculation, but I feel Scott wanted him gone at the end of last year. You could see it in his body language at the end of season presser that he wasn't buying what Matt Rhule was selling. 

I genuinely think Scott and Dan could do a good job and build a good team, we just need Dave and Matt to gtfo of the way. 

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

True, but I think you have to take that chance. Seattle is a shitshow. If he had stayed, no one is hiring him out of that situation now. If you look at what he's done since he got here, he's gotten pieces. He's acquired pieces according to what his coaches philosophy is. He's done some good things in the draft, but obviously some could have been better. Overall, to judge Fitt that poorly to fire him, you have to look at him and say this team is in a bad situation because of what he's done as a GM and I just don't think you can make that call.

The laughing stock that is the Carolina Panthers sits on Matt Rhule's shoulders. I seriously can't think of another coach 3 years in the league who's put his team in a worse position to succeed. It's purely speculation, but I feel Scott wanted him gone at the end of last year. You could see it in his body language at the end of season presser that he wasn't buying what Matt Rhule was selling. 

I genuinely think Scott and Dan could do a good job and build a good team, we just need Dave and Matt to gtfo of the way. 

Not to defend McAdoo, but this personnel doesn't fit his offense at all.

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are we basing this off of other than sheer hopium? I can't point to anything concrete but I can point to a lot of reasons to send him out the door with Rhule.

I like his picks, I like being active, I like being in on every deal, and I trust his eye for talent, along with Morgan, and I like Sulaiman as the cap guy.  I just like our FO and I'm convinced our struggles are due to Matt Rhule in almost every capacity.  

• Pie 6

No. fug that. Clean house. start over, period. Problem is Tepper absolutely CAN NOT make the decisions himself. He is too fuging dumb.

I remember when Tepper tried to interview legit GM canidates and teams told him no way because he wouldn’t let go of Hurney and teams won’t let you interview their up and comers for the position if it’s already filled.

lol Tepper is such a fuging joke and laughing stock of the nfl

He needs to hire people to do this for him. Will his ego let him? Doubtful.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I like his picks, I like being active, I like being in on every deal, and I trust his eye for talent, along with Morgan, and I like Sulaiman as the cap guy.  I just like our FO and I'm convinced our struggles are due to Matt Rhule in almost every capacity.  

Don't get me wrong, I think Rhule and his staff are our biggest problems by far but I haven't been blown away with Fitts' moves. I'd say better than Hurney and about on par with Gettleman. Lacks the early successes of Gettleman but also lacks the later issues driven by ego fueled dick measuring contests.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Rhule and his staff are our biggest problems by far but I haven't been blown away with Fitts' moves. I'd say better than Hurney and about on par with Gettleman. Lacks the early successes of Gettleman but also lacks the later issues driven by ego fueled dick measuring contests.

I haven't been blown away yet either, but when I ask myself if these guys have been put in a position to succeed, there's Matt Rhule spewing some poo we've all known for months like it's some new revelation. This team desperately needs some Cam/TD/Norman type swagger and it's just not here. Bad leaders drag everyone else down. 

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

No. fug that. Clean house. start over, period. Problem is Tepper absolutely CAN NOT make the decisions himself. He is too fuging dumb

If you fire the GM, guess who's hiring both the next GM and the next head coach 🤔

I'd absolutely give Fitterer and Morgan the chance to pick a head coach before I'd give David Tepper the chance to pick an entire braintrust of his own choosing.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But even with your assessment, LG, wouldn't you think then it would be fair to see what he does without Rhule meddling in everything and then ruining and misusing the personnel that is acquired for him?  We've seen from Panthers Media themselves that so many of these whiffs were Rhule's doing, i.e., Fletcher, Chubba, etc., and it was heavily reported that Darnold was at Rhule's behest, and before Fitt even got here, Teddy was also Rhule's target.  Again, from everything reported, it seems like everything personnel-wise prior to this offseason was heavily influenced by, if not outright executed by Rhule...  and he was supposedly the final word in all football ops prior to this past offseason.

But we know Fitt has great connections in the league, as well as a great reputation and rapport with other front offices which is an invaluable resource to have.  We also know Fitt is the guy that worked the Gilmore and Laviska trades, which are incredible value.  The CJ trade I don't know how to categorize because that again was another one that Rhule was reportedly heavily pushing for, but regardless, I think the overall grade on the moved we know were primarily Fitt's has been really good.  I get the stench of this whole Rhule era makes it easy to just hit reset in everything, but it trust in this FO and would like to see what they can do without this bumbling imbecile in Rhule fuging everything up.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I haven't been blown away yet either, but when I ask myself if these guys have been put in a position to succeed, there's Matt Rhule spewing some poo we've all known for months like it's some new revelation. This team desperately needs some Cam/TD/Norman type swagger and it's just not here. Bad leaders drag everyone else down. 

Basically the only real argument I've heard for Fitts so far is that he might  not be bad if we get Rhule out of the way. Sorry, that's just not enough for me. Hell, I was all for sending his ass packing with Rhule at the end of last season.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Basically the only real argument I've heard for Fitts so far is that he might  not be bad if we get Rhule out of the way. Sorry, that's just not enough for me. Hell, I was all for sending his ass packing with Rhule at the end of last season.

So you're okay with both the next GM and head coach being chosen by David Tepper and whomever he brings along to tell him he's right?

You know if you clean house that's exactly what's gonna happen.

Edited by Mr. Scot