• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"We're close"

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Gregg S said:

I'm not arguing with you on this, but do we really know where we stand as far as players go?  Are the majority of our players not as good as we would like to think they are, or is it that the coaching staff, with Rhule serving as Supreme Idiot, not able to put together a scheme that would put the players in the best position to succeed?  Personally, I would like to see what a legitimate NFL head coach with a competent staff could do with this roster.  And at this point, any coach with NFL experience would be better.

Thus is why I can't judge all pur picks yet. I have no idea if they are actually bad or if they are being put routinely in bad positions. What I can say for certain is it generally takes Rhule about 4x longer to see player strength and weaknesses than it should, sometimes longer, sometimes not at all. Perfect example is Chinn. Why the hell he is playing as a safety when his abilities were on display in full close to the ball is beyond me. Chinn looks like JAG but we all have seen he is much more than that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Thus is why I can't judge all pur picks yet. I have no idea if they are actually bad or if they are being put routinely in bad positions. What I can say for certain is it generally takes Rhule about 4x longer to see player strength and weaknesses than it should, sometimes longer, sometimes not at all. Perfect example is Chinn. Why the hell he is playing as a safety when his abilities were on display in full close to the ball is beyond me. Chinn looks like JAG but we all have seen he is much more than that. 

I meant to mention Chinn specifically as an example but just forgot in all that I did write.  Glad you brought that up. 

I mean, the simplest of things 

take WR Higgins. He has not seen action 

he is a player that Mayfield is comfortable with …he has played with him in disciplined sets and he and Higgins seem to  improvise well together …they seem to know what the other is going to do when things break down, at least in Cleveland 

to get mayfield comfortable with someone he knows in an offense and players he isn’t comfortable with…..why in God’s name is Higgins not out there ?

is Shi Smith that much better than Higgins ?  From what I’ve seen the answer is a definitive ‘no’