• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Introduced as Carolina Panthers newest head coach

therealmjl

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I remember most about the intro was how both Marty Hurney and David Tepper (especially Tepper) emphasized how they "just had a feeling" that he was the guy.

The metaphor I used at the time was an elderly person falling for an insurance sales pitch, but these days "used car salesman" seems to be preferred.

Yeah ‘a feeling’ from the man who fired  fired Ron, among other reasons,  for not wanting to use analytics 

never trust anyone who talks as much as Rhule   I don’t know any other coach who does   He doesn’t have the resume to be talking so much 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I remember most about the intro was how both Marty Hurney and David Tepper (especially Tepper) emphasized how they "just had a feeling" that he was the guy.

The metaphor I used at the time was an elderly person falling for an insurance sales pitch, but these days "used car salesman" seems to be preferred.

Yeah, Hurney and the meatballs

• Beer 1

Someone mentioned how Baylor under Rhule never beat a top 25 team. Basically he just beat the teams he was supposed to beat, which is easier in college when you have way better players. The NFL is much different obviously. There’s no universe where Rhule is cut out to be an NFL head coach. Hell Nick Saban was an awful NFL head coach. The sooner Rhule is gone the faster we can move on.