• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do? Fully guaranteed contract but you wanna go back to college without losing the bag.

thunderraiden

Lets say you had the narcissistic behavior to con a billionaire into giving you fully guaranteed money over 7 years but you realize that college was way better and had way less "meanies" than the NFL after a year and half in your new job, what would you do to get back to college while still keeping your fully guaranteed money (with the assumption intentional point shaving/sabotaging or quitting are the only thing that would take your guaranteed money away)?

just a quick thought experiment.

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

Probably would get most of your future years money clawed back through the legal system so that wouldn't work.

Yea I'm just joking.  The only real answer is to try and get fired for performance reasons.  Because other than that, the only way out (where you keep all the money) is going to be some big time school buying out his contract.  And I'm just not sure that's going to happen.

• Beer 1

Yep NFL is notorious for taking guaranteed money for "conduct detrimental to the team." I think we're all familiar with Antonio Brown, one of the most recent example of someone with a guaranteed contract losing his money.

More specifically and more recently, Urban Meyer lost his guaranteed money as well: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021237-report-urban-meyer-fired-for-cause-by-jaguars-wont-be-paid-rest-of-contract#:~:text=Financial details of the five,Jacksonville was an unmitigated failure.

Looks like Urban got Rhule's same deal except for 5 years at 60 Mill instead of Rhules 7 years at 60 Mill.

Edited by thunderraiden

I’d go be happy.  Unless Rhule is idiotic.  The difference in salary shouldn’t really impact him at this point.  

if he goes back to college and only makes a measly 4-5 million a year he and his family would be just fine.  And that’s assuming he can’t land a big time college job coming out of the NFL. 

If I was Rhule I wouldn’t say too long in the NFL and hurt my stock too much more.  You can come in and get out quick and just cite the different game and people.   But stay too long and you can just be exposed as a clown.  And he isn’t far. 

• Pie 3

• 1 month later...