• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson has to go...

Proudiddy

Just now, ForJimmy said:

No he is not the best of them which is my point. You are expecting him not to do things that even top CBs do. He just had a solid game against NYG and us currently helping serve up a shut out. It’s hard for CBs because when they mess up on one play it sticks out to us fans. When Burns misses a wide open sack or when a LB misses a tackle or gap it doesn’t stand out as much. He is still young enough yo where mistakes are going to happen, but I wouldn’t cut him over it. Who do you want starting if he is cut? SOT? Taylor? 

I'm usually with you, Jimmy, but not on this.  No, I don't expect him to be perfect and I know corner is one of the toughest positions to play and they require some of the shortest memories due to the nature of it...  but even all that considered, he just isn't good.  I laid out all of the examples.  Teams do go after him and if all you can ever remember is bad plays after almost two full years, that's kind of your sign... 

And Taylor looked a hundred times better than him in limited opportunities last season, so yes, I would bench him for Taylor in a heartbeat. 

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm usually with you, Jimmy, but not on this.  No, I don't expect him to be perfect and I know corner is one of the toughest positions to play and they require some of the shortest memories due to the nature of it...  but even all that considered, he just isn't good.  I laid out all of the examples.  Teams do go after him and if all you can ever remember is bad plays after almost two full years, that's kind of your sign... 

And Taylor looked a hundred times better than him in limited opportunities last season, so yes, I would bench him for Taylor in a heartbeat. 

I understand we can have different opinions. Taylor looked good early last year, but towards the end of the year teams were picking him apart. I trust Wilks on starting CJ from this roster. I hate they are playing him and Horn in a damn soft zone. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I understand we can have different opinions. Taylor looked good early last year, but towards the end of the year teams were picking him apart. I trust Wilks on starting CJ from this roster. I hate they are playing him and Horn in a damn soft zone. 

Respect.

And agree, Taylor did tail off, but I was still impressed with the overall body of work for a rookie.  I would just like to see more of him.

But I agree about Wilks' opinion and not understanding why we're playing soft with guys who have been touted for their man press skills.

• Pie 1