• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Wilson: Tepper's patience with Rhule growing thin

UNCrules2187

8 minutes ago, firstdayfan said:

Aaron Wilson isn't a clown. He's actually a well respected reporter who covers the NFL and the Texans. Unless this is some other Aaron Wilson. The part about the coaches seems like speculation perhaps but I trust what this guys puts out. 

I mean, it was already reported awhile back that Tepper would look to go experienced next.  That’s why Tepper had to go apologize to Rhule and claim it totally wasn’t true. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Not sure that is actually a contradiction.  Could just be implying he wasn’t going to be fired at 0-3 or something like that 

there has been a lot of reporting since last year shitshow that all seems pretty connected 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This doesn't really mean much. All that was saying is Tepper wasn't gonna fire Rhule if we lost to the Saints. No point in firing a coach 3 weeks into the season. Rhule is gone at the end of the season or near the end.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Not sure that is actually a contradiction.  Could just be implying he wasn’t going to be fired at 0-3 or something like that 

there has been a lot of reporting since last year shitshow that all seems pretty connected 

Idk man, "Expected to be patient" and "Patience growing thin" appear to be exact opposites.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Idk man, "Expected to be patient" and "Patience growing thin" appear to be exact opposites.

Well, I think he should of been fired at 0-2.  To me he is showing patience.  Everyone knows Rhule sucks and is a deadman walking. I don’t think Tepper fires him until we are officially eliminated.  Thats the patience.  Or maybe if we are 1-6 and it gets too hostile at home after a Tampa loss. 

the one snippet your are claiming counters the narrative is the vaguest of all the reporting 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, I think he should of been fired at 0-2.  To me he is showing patience.  Everyone knows Rhule sucks and is a deadman walking. I don’t think Tepper fires him until we are officially eliminated.  Thats the patience.  Or maybe if we are 1-6 and it gets too hostile at home after a Tampa loss. 

the one snippet your are claiming counters the narrative is the vaguest of all the reporting 

Should've been fired with 3 games left last season. Everyone knows Rhule sucks, yes, but he's not going anywhere for 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, panthersgreenville said:

Lol if we get the no 1 pick, trade that to the Saints for Payton. They get a franchise QB with the no 1 pick, we get a hof of head coach, we will learn real quick which is more important between a HC or QB lol 

I don't think any NFL coach has won a Superbowl with two different teams. Statistically, Rhule has a better chance. Payton had one gifted to him 13 years ago. if we passed up a franchise QB for that guy, I would be livid.

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s too perfect, QB…don’t have to roster build a lot, roof over stadium. Staley already on the chopping block in LA fans eyes

AFC team so New Orleans gets him out of the conference and their OC, Joe Lombardi, came from New Orleans, so the players wouldn't even need to learn a new offense.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dallas_Cowboys.svg

Certainly possible Payton ends up in Dallas.

My thinking is since New Orleans still controls his rights, they would prefer to trade him to an AFC team.

Joe Lombardi, the Chargers OC came from New Orleans so it would be a seamless transition since they already run Sean Payton's system.