• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will be the Panthers first blowout loss this season?

First blowout loss?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. .

• 49ers - 10/09
    • Rams - 10/16
    • Buccaneers - 10/23
    • Falcons - 10/30
    • Bengals - 11/06

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it will be the Bucs. 

I think we will get progressively worse and then attrition and bad morale finally overwhelms the defense.

I will bet this, once it starts, it won't stop. Even after Rhule gets canned.

You have us getting through the 49ers and Rams games without being blown out? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I think the defense will still be able to battle and not get completely smoked. 

I think by the Bucs the wheels will have started coming off and it will be an almost gate to gate beating.

That may not be the opponent but that is the progression I expect. Once the reality of this being a lost cause and the inevitability of Rhule being gone sinks into the players, it will get really bad.

We have to keep in mind that the fans are way ahead of the players and coaches in that regard. It will take more time for them to break.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Niners are awful this year.  Averaging fewer points per game than we are, pending their game with the Rams.  I don't see that as a "get right" game for them.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I think the defense will still be able to battle and not get completely smoked. 

I think my the Bucs the wheels will have started coming off and it will be an almost gate to gate beating.

That may not be the opponent but that is the progression I expect. Once the reality of this being a lost cause and the inevitability of Rhule being gone sinks into the players, it will get really bad.

We have to keep in mind that the fans are way ahead of the players and coaches in that regard. It will take more time for them to break.

I just have a hard time imagining Phil Snow winning a battle of wits with Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I just have a hard time imagining Phil Snow winning a battle of wits with Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

It's not the winning, it's just putting up a decent enough fight to not completely get the doors blown off. The question is about getting smoked.

Plus, those aren't two offenses that are proving to be as potent as expected early on. Don't forget that. Could throw that at TB too but I just expect the cracks to start to show early this season.