• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fit and Morgan: SHOULD they stay?

CanadianCat

Should Fitterer be tired to Rhue?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fitterer be tired to Rhue?

• Fire them all
    • Fitterer gets a chance to hire his HC

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Beane hired him on as Director of Player Personnel in 2018 in Buffalo for 3 years before we signed him as an Assistant in 2021.  If he learned anything from Beane about building a roster he is worth it, plus there is obvious Panthers familiarity.  

I get all the accolades and his past work but I guess I should have asked what specifically has he done to garner so much high praise?  Because to me it just seems like people like him because he is a hard worker.

Please note I have no knowledge either way about the situation just that we can look at our own fitts as someone who got mad praise for his time in Seattle but is tripping on his dick here. 

33 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

The one thing I wish Fitt would do is value early round picks better. A 3rd round for CJ Henderson, a future 3rd rounder (which will likely be a top 5-7 pick in the round) for Corral...these are premium picks that shouldn't be wasted on marginal talent. Other than that, I do like being aggressive and trading mid-to-late round picks for proven vets like Gilmore and Shenault.

3rd round picks in most cases are fringe guys as far as a starter goes and can be replaced via trading back as / if needed. 

We need a new NFL caliber head coach.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well for one thing he's getting some attention as a possible future GM around league circles as the rumors would have it. He's also a pretty good pro scout/evaluator.  So he has some potential for us if we go there. But that's if Tepper is conscious of the talent he does have on staff. I would not lose sleep if he's let go however.  It wouldn't be the first time the Panthers let talented staff walk out the door.

I'd let Fitterer and Rhule go and keep Panther Dan Morgan as GM, who was Luke before Luke, a monster.

• Pie 1

A lot of assumptions in here (over Fitt/Morgan’s impact vs. Rhule’s). You’d simply have to be in the room to know what the truth is. 

I like our roster regarding talent and potential (athletically) in the young guys.

We still have the same problems (QB, offensive scheme), but we most certainly have talented players on offense. 

IF IF IF, Fitt/Morgan heavily influenced this roster remake, then I have no problem with them staying and selecting a coach. 

The offensive line is playing a lot better, and the problems are so clearly that we need quality QB play and to properly use the weapons we have (scheme).

That’s not happening at all. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get all the accolades and his past work but I guess I should have asked what specifically has he done to garner so much high praise?  Because to me it just seems like people like him because he is a hard worker.

Please note I have no knowledge either way about the situation just that we can look at our own fitts as someone who got mad praise for his time in Seattle but is tripping on his dick here. 

I think you have an AGM with some experience that is close to the organization who came from the Buffalo tree.  Throw in the hard worker and obvious knowledge of the game and he is a pretty good candidate.  I think we also have some PTSD from out last AGM that left (Beane).  I'm not saying I'm die hard for Morgan, but I think he could be a good candidate.

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Duh! 25 tackles in the Superbowl! After that you'd have me at, hello!

Just Kidding Jk GIF